My Boom Box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hippie459MN

Reaction score
I'm thinking I may have pushed the subs too hard, these are only rated at 275 rms and 550 peak. IF my amp pushes its rated power, I've been running 500rms to each. Looking for some high-efficiency 10's that can handle 600-1000rms, without breaking the bank. The only subs I've found so far are some Dayton Audio ** 10's, 600rms/1200peak with a sensitivity of 90.5:

https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-rss265ho-44-10-reference-**-dvc-subwoofer--295-463

Assuming all other things being equal, 500rms into these will be comparable to 1000rms into an 87.5 db sensitivity sub, and 2000rms into a 84.5 db sensitivity. It takes double the power to gain 3db, so I'm reverse-engineering that theory.

Rockville is making some pretty sweet budget subwoofers. Check these out... EXO did a little unboxing and testing on his YouTube of them and I was impressed.

https://www.rockvilleaudio.com/w10k9d4/

I want to get a pair of the Rockville 12's and give them a go in my Tahoe. I had 2 12" PSI Platform 4's in my Suburban with a DC 5k powering them. For a big suburban and just the 2 12's on about 2500watts rms at 2 ohms, it did darn good. Of course I sold them when to pay for other stupid toys. I miss my loud system.

First I need to decide how much I really need that 3rd seat in my Tahoe. LoL

massivespl

I'm not mean, I'm honest.
Reaction score
Rockville is making some pretty sweet budget subwoofers. Check these out... EXO did a little unboxing and testing on his YouTube of them and I was impressed.

https://www.rockvilleaudio.com/w10k9d4/

I want to get a pair of the Rockville 12's and give them a go in my Tahoe. I had 2 12" PSI Platform 4's in my Suburban with a DC 5k powering them. For a big suburban and just the 2 12's on about 2500watts rms at 2 ohms, it did darn good. Of course I sold them when to pay for other stupid toys. I miss my loud system.

First I need to decide how much I really need that 3rd seat in my Tahoe. LoL

A lot of the Rockville k6 and k9 subwoofer have voicecoil failure. Rockville is trying to fix the problem. I’d stay clear until they fix that... if u want a good woofer get a sundown they have lcs, E,SA,U,xv2,zv5,nsv4,team. Sd shallow... models and prices for everyone and they are top of their game in the audio world

Hippie459MN

Reaction score
I would agree, Sundown makes some really nice stuff. It will be a bit before I start getting in to a subwoofer build for my Tahoe but doesnt hurt to shop now. lol

BigDaddy13440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So that's adhesive, not caulk? I had no idea wood and metal could be joined in a way that would work well for a sub box. Like I said, every box build in that panel that I've seen has had either fiberglass or a weird shaped wood box. If your way works, seems like you'd have a lot more space for a decent sized sub magnet if you chose to hide it behind the panel.

I would have been able to go with subs with a deeper mounting depth/ larger magnet, but I needed to recess the subs in and have the grille protect them. Debris from removing/indtalling doors and tools in the back would destroy cones real quick without the grille.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
My sub box image.jpeg

Kicker L7 12"
Kicker 1200.1 mono

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts