My 2011 Yukon Denali Totaled Sunday Evening

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad to see your lovely young lady happy! Good choice on a replacement! Nice looking truck! The long bodies are just as easy to maneuver in my opinion! You will love how it handles!

OP
OP
gooffeyguy
Reaction score
Did your Husky liners for the second row have a piece to go in between the bucket seats (if your totalled one had buckets)?

I have Weathertech (Tahoe came with them) and just have the piece that goes across the second row floorboards and am looking for something to go between the buckets.
Yes, it has a runner that goes between the buckets and tucks under the one piece second row floor mat.

Looks like this....
ex_q80_w200_h200_753933812515_P04.jpg

2001 Yukon SLT
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, it has a runner that goes between the buckets and tucks under the one piece second row floor mat.

Looks like this....
ex_q80_w200_h200_753933812515_P04.jpg

2001 Yukon SLT
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Cool. I'll see if I can find that on their site. It looks like it'll fit well enough with the Weather Techs. Thank you.

thompsoj22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
california native "REPUBLICAN" high desert
thanks for your post! I purchased our 08 yukon denali 1500xl specifically for the situation you are enduring. no matter how remorseful the DUI guy is he cant take back his random lethal attack on your family "F" him. i have a 10 yo daughter that i allways try to encourage to sit in the middle seating position whenever she rides in a car hoping it could make a difference. prayers for your injured family and payback to the DUI attacker.

Ls1leadfoot

Reaction score
sorry to hear man, must be in the air, last wed (22nd) we had someone turn in front of us during a green light and total our 08 denali as well. i recieved 10 staples in my head and wife was ok, just battered up

we are literally going through the same process currently, glad to know were not alone LOL

good luck!!!

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
sorry to hear man, must be in the air, last wed (22nd) we had someone turn in front of us during a green light and total our 08 denali as well. i recieved 10 staples in my head and wife was ok, just battered up

we are literally going through the same process currently, glad to know were not alone LOL

good luck!!!
Good luck. People are oblivious sometimes.

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you and kids are alive. Glad insurance took care of you (not sure what value really is but you broke even and free ride for 5 months). Definitely get a lawyer. The kids might end up being ok tomorrow but you never know what aches/pains/issues will come up later. They need that just in case something comes up $

playadude

Reaction score
Glad to see the Tahoe did her job. I have a 2011. We’re there major safety upgrades in the 2014? I think that’s the refresh year.

dsw3010

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
As some of you may already know from the "What have you done with your NNBS today" thread, I was in a pretty serious accident Sunday evening with my Yukon Denali.

Me and my two kids were stopped at a red light less than a mile from home. After the light turned green and I got about halfway through the intersection, another vehicle traveling from right to left ran the red light and basically T-***** me, causing me to spin clockwise diagonally through the intersection and coming to a stop after hitting a telephone pole/guy wire on the other side/corner of the intersection.

The vehicle that hit us was probably a 2000-2005 Yukon or Esky, the front end was smashed in almost to the windshield. I wasn't paying too much attention to that other vehicle or driver, I was more concerned about my kids. All the side airbags and side curtain ones that drop from the headliner covering the windows deployed.

I don't remember if we actually hit the pole or just the guy wire cable that was about 10 feet past the pole and angled from the ground up to the pole. The cable was cut into the front about 2 feet and you can see where the hood buckled around it.

Here are a few pics I took the next day from the tow yard when I was there getting belongings out of the vehicle

2011_1.jpg

2011_2.jpg

2011_3.jpg

2011_4.jpg

2011_5.jpg

2011_6.jpg

2011_7.jpg

2011_8.jpg

My insurance estimated a cost of $21,676 for repair and has deemed it totaled and offered $23,000 to me. I just purchased this in early March with 110k miles on it and it currently just hit 115k. It is (was) in immaculate condition, both inside and out, and had every bell and whistle option and everything worked.
I paid $21,500 but also got the 3yr/36k mile extended powertrain warranty that brought the total to $23k

Here are some pics I took about a week ago

Denali_1.jpg

Denali_2.jpg

Denali_3.jpg

Denali_4.jpg

dsw3010

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looks like the big Denali was a good insurance policy. Sounds like no serious injuries. Can't imagine a small compact would have protected you and your kids as well. Also, being first in line is a dangerous spot at a light. Almost has to be treated as a stop sign. Good luck on finding another nice one. Dave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut