My 2011 Yukon Denali Totaled Sunday Evening

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
gooffeyguy
Reaction score
So I've been looking for a replacement for the 2011 Denali and I've found a 2012 Denali that's exactly like what I had except has about 5k less miles. The body, undercarriage, and interior is in great shape except for the middle row bucket fold down armrests. They are very loose and one of them is ripped on the underside near the base. Also the headliner above one of the middle seats has some dark stains on it, kinda like someone opened a shaken can of soda.

How hard is this type of headliner (almost nylon feeling) to clean, and how hard is it to tighten and/or replace the folding armrests?

2001 Yukon SLT
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very easy on the armrest and you should be able to get most if not all of that headliner stain out with a good cleaner or profess int clean.

OP
OP
gooffeyguy
Reaction score
Well, finally after a couple months of looking for a replacement, we have decided on a 2012 XL Denali.

We realize that it was going to be hard to find another vehicle in as good of shape as the one we had without spending a couple grand more than we wanted.

This one is a 1 owner, clean Carfax/Autocheck, with 100k miles. It is the Carbon black metallic exterior with black interior. The interior is clean and in perfect shape except for the hairline crack in the dash at the corner of the passenger airbag. It doesn't rattle or stick up or anything, so except for the sight of the thin black line you'd never know it is there. The exterior does have a couple little dings in it but are hard to notice because of the metallic color as opposed to the gloss black color. The underside and engine bay is very clean.

The wife was leary of getting the XL version due to manuverability in parking lots and parking garages and pulling into spaces. She drove it and we pulled into a vacant parking lot where she could drive it around and pull into spaces. She seemed fine with it, but said she'll never want to parallel park it...lol

...Oh, and my daughter approves!!

2012_XL_1.jpg

2012_XL_2.jpg

2012_XL_3.jpg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, finally after a couple months of looking for a replacement, we have decided on a 2012 XL Denali.

We realize that it was going to be hard to find another vehicle in as good of shape as the one we had without spending a couple grand more than we wanted.

This one is a 1 owner, clean Carfax/Autocheck, with 100k miles. It is the Carbon black metallic exterior with black interior. The interior is clean and in perfect shape except for the hairline crack in the dash at the corner of the passenger airbag. It doesn't rattle or stick up or anything, so except for the sight of the thin black line you'd never know it is there. The exterior does have a couple little dings in it but are hard to notice because of the metallic color as opposed to the gloss black color. The underside and engine bay is very clean.

The wife was leary of getting the XL version due to manuverability in parking lots and parking garages and pulling into spaces. She drove it and we pulled into a vacant parking lot where she could drive it around and pull into spaces. She seemed fine with it, but said she'll never want to parallel park it...lol

...Oh, and my daughter approves!!

2012_XL_1.jpg

2012_XL_2.jpg

2012_XL_3.jpg
Awesome choice. And that picture of your daughter in there....it doesn't get any better than that. So glad to see she's doing better.

OP
OP
gooffeyguy
Reaction score
I have to get all new Husky floor liners for this one. The ones I have won't fit except for the front two. I know the cargo area would be different, but the second row and the runner is different also. DOH!

2001 Yukon SLT

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good to see the little one happy, healthy and safe again. Good luck with your new ride. :)

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to get all new Husky floor liners for this one. The ones I have won't fit except for the front two. I know the cargo area would be different, but the second row and the runner is different also. DOH!

2001 Yukon SLT

Did your Husky liners for the second row have a piece to go in between the bucket seats (if your totalled one had buckets)?

I have Weathertech (Tahoe came with them) and just have the piece that goes across the second row floorboards and am looking for something to go between the buckets.