My 2003 Yukon build

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score
Brake upgrade. Wilwood 16" big brake kit with 6 piston calipers. I also got the parts for the hydro boost conversion. Installing the brakes is pretty straight forward. They tell you to put Loctite 271 on the bolts, which would have been nice to include in the kit, since it's something needed. No big deal, I got a bottle at the auto parts store. You will need a torque wrench and 40 Torx bit. Everything else is just regular wrenches and sockets

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

The difference in size to the stock rotors is staggering

Only parts missing right now are the brake lines and the brake fluid, then I can finish the brakes up.
Thats beautiful i dont think i want to see the price tag for all that.Probably half the cost of the vehicle.

franky996

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thats beautiful i dont think i want to see the price tag for all that.Probably half the cost of the vehicle.
It's pricey, for sure. But good brakes are a safety item that can safe your life. Besides, the truck is paid for. I can get a new truck, make payments etc or put some money in this one and build it the way I like it . Plus, I like the look of that body style better than the newer ones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigjames