My 1996 Tahoe's heating problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

batuhan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everybody ım new here..and 2 days ago I got my baby. But ı have some small problems. When ı drive my tahoe at normal rpm heat gauge show me 210 ..mostly less ı mean 190-180 sometimes around 130 but when ı push the throttle it goes around 220-230 quickly when ı release come also quickly.. I think it is not normal right?
what d u think about it?

bigfootchiro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! I'd check to make sure your coolant temperature sensor is working properly, and check your thermostat. Also, your coolant level. Easy places to start

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon. I would want to know the flow inside the radiator and all that has been suggested by @bigfootchiro. Check the radiator for blockage and I would want to know the actual engine temp when the gauge reading says something. A laser temp gun should do the trick.

OP
OP
B

batuhan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank u very much both of you really.. i need to learn too many things from you .i will try all things what did u suggest:)

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
alot of these trucks it does tend to fluctuate erratically. however it sounds like yours is being a bit more erratic 130-230 is a big range. as @bigfootchiro mentioned with your thermostat you could have a hanging thermostat. its not operating as efficiently as it should be possibly getting stuck open on occasion and not opening as fast as it should be. what does your coolant look like? if you have been using the green stuff it should be a clean solid green. if your system has excessive buildup it may look discolored. lastly on the worst case which is unlikely but possible. what does your oil look like any milkyness on the dip stick. when the engine is cold pop the radiator cap off and start the truck. are there any bubbles that dont seem to stop once the truck is warm?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC