My 07 Denali XL 'build'/Check Engine Lights/Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You convinced me in another thread to get one lol. I dont really know how to use it sadly! Just basic diagnostics so far.
Just poke around through each of the menus to see what they do, being careful not to make any changes unless you are sure of what you're doing. I learned mine while the kids were at volleyball practice! When you are diagnosing a problem and following the shop manual, it takes you step by step through it too.

OP
OP
C

carrmann

Reaction score
Just poke around through each of the menus to see what they do, being careful not to make any changes unless you are sure of what you're doing. I learned mine while the kids were at volleyball practice! When you are diagnosing a problem and following the shop manual, it takes you step by step through it too.
I've been playing with it some. But there is a lot of stuff, and I don't know all of the acronyms etc haha. I've gotten some of it down. But there's quite a bit more I need to learn.

Best tuner that I can use on the truck? I'd like to eventually get a tune for it, but for now just so I can bump up the idle a little bit (100 rpm). I dont want to mail out the pcm etc, so something that I can make small adjustments with(like idle rpm), and then if I do cam/headers/nocats etc get an emailed perf tune.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been playing with it some. But there is a lot of stuff, and I don't know all of the acronyms etc haha. I've gotten some of it down. But there's quite a bit more I need to learn.

Best tuner that I can use on the truck? I'd like to eventually get a tune for it, but for now just so I can bump up the idle a little bit (100 rpm). I dont want to mail out the pcm etc, so something that I can make small adjustments with(like idle rpm), and then if I do cam/headers/nocats etc get an emailed perf tune.

OP
OP
C

carrmann

Reaction score
replaced my pcv clean/dirty lines. seems to have helped with my idle issues (would hang a little when driving). they were cracked pretty bad and leaking a lot of air.

OP
OP
C

carrmann

Reaction score
Pretty sure that is for the heated washer fluid that was recalled. Do you have that button between your power outlets under the HVAC controls? You may have 3 to 5 buttons on those early cars.

Use GM OE parts whenever possible. Drill out those busted swaybar bolts and if you get lucky can save the threads, if not, helicoil or put in a bigger thread. There's a nut welded to the top of the bracket. They get really corroded up north and snap off easily since the heads are only 10mm, BTDT!

You're going to want a Tech-2 or similar to get this thing in top form again.
Photo of the buttons. I believe your are correct. Button doesn't do anything. That's what the disconnected wires under-hood go to?

Attachments

• PXL_20230523_215842564.jpg
    PXL_20230523_215842564.jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 4
OP
OP
C

carrmann

Reaction score
Put new plugs in today. It was wayyyy over sure. Average gap on them was .080"! Pass rear plug was a little difficult to get at, but removing the wheel well liner made it pretty easy.

Found it has a broken exh manifold stud (front one) on driver's side.... Bummer!

Next up is driver side abs wheel sensor. Then im going to fix or replace the front seat, neither one works lol.

Attachments

• PXL_20230527_202120593.jpg
    PXL_20230527_202120593.jpg
    501.7 KB · Views: 3
  • PXL_20230527_202116602.jpg
    PXL_20230527_202116602.jpg
    572.1 KB · Views: 3

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
front driver side, at least on my truck would be the easiest to get to. mine broke the rear drivers side. little worse but the clamp thing seems to be sealing it well. worth 20$ not to have to pull the manifold for a while.

the tend to suck air and mess with the o2 readings, might be worth moving that up the list.

OP
OP
C

carrmann

Reaction score
front driver side, at least on my truck would be the easiest to get to. mine broke the rear drivers side. little worse but the clamp thing seems to be sealing it well. worth 20$ not to have to pull the manifold for a while.

the tend to suck air and mess with the o2 readings, might be worth moving that up the list.
clamp thing?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beat Ta hoes