My 01 Yukon XL Lift and Tire Combo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

06JET

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I have done all kinds of reading and there are a lot of different answers out there. I have installed lift keys and gained about 2" in the front and 2" spacers in the back with a 3" body lift. So I figure I have a 5" lift total.
I have the factory 16" wheels on now with factory tires, 265/70r16's and as of now I measure 40-1/2 " from the ground to the finder in the center of the wheel well.
I have 20"x9" wheels that I will be installing that have a factory offset and may need spacers. Probably 2" wheel spacers. We will see.
I think 33x12.5's would be the easiest/best choice with no cutting but I kinda want 35x12.5's.
The question's are....
How much cutting would I need to do for 35's?
Do I really need to change the gears for 35's?

I'm on the fence and I guess I just need a little push in the right direction.
Thanks for you opinions.

OP
OP
06JET

06JET

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about a 275/65r20. It is 34.1" tall but only 10.8" wide. I was looking for a little more fat tire look.

OP
OP
06JET

06JET

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got some used 20" rims and need to decide what size tires to put on them. Anybody ever repainted their rims. These have some salt damage to the clear coat and the black paint is thin is some spots. They look great from a distance but up close they need some help. Even thought about changing the color from Black to something more one-of-a-kind.007.JPG 006.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
06JET

06JET

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the Cognito links installed up front and the longer Jeep links installed in the rear. I was worried about the rubber boot getting into the front links but I was able to turn them a little and got clearance. New sway bar mounts front and back also. Even went ahead and installed new u-joints on both ends of the front and back driveshafts. 150,000 miles and still had the factory ones still in. That nylon is tough to melt out with just a small butane torch.
004.JPG003.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14