Mushy brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YukonXLMan

Reaction score
Assuming brake rotors and pads are good, bleading your brakes and changing out your old brake fluid for new has helped me. if rotors and/or pads are bad, change them out. What are your symptoms?

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
replace the brake lines

the elcheapo rubber hoses are worn out

but it's the hallmark of GM Excellence of the 90-00s

AFM = the hallmark of GM Excellence of the 00-10-20s

Last edited:

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup- Assuming all the components are already up to par: Full fluid flush and braided steel flex lines would make quite a difference. As Kevan sad, a hydraboost conversion would be the ultimate fix.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive got stainless lines and fresh fluid
My OBS truck stops great, its light so that helps, but all the travel before pad engagement is super annoying.

I intend to swap an nbs mc in my obs.

Last edited:

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What can be done to make the braking better ?

View attachment 225367

Those giant wheels didn't help your braking situation I'll bet. You can swap to nnbs front calipers and rotors, which requires modification. Or you can upgrade to the obs srw 2500 brakes which have bigger calipers and rotors and mc, which is a bit more straightforward.

I'd just start with lines and fluid and more aggressive pads and see what that gets you.

Some people choose to swap in the nbs master cylinder for a better brake feel

Last edited:

iCajun

Reaction score
Check the adjustment on the rear brakes occasionally as the star wheels get stuck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mont