Muffler Replacement Suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02Z71Raven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to replace my muffler when I do some up coming motor work. The motor work will be cam upgrade and tune stuff, nothing crazy, but I want to do the exhaust prior to the tune.
Not looking to change the whole system out, just doing headers and replacing muffler. I'm looking at the Borla 400500 or the xr1 and curious to see if anyone has any insight into any pros or cons of the two or any suggestions on others that are known as good replacements.

Last edited:

Noggles

Reaction score
I had an xr1 (oval case version) on my old 5.3 Silverado with long tubes and no cats. It was honestly the perfect setup. Zero drone at any speeds but had a nice smooth sound and decent volume when on it. With stock manifolds and cats it will be even more tame so it will be a great every day setup.

OP
OP
02Z71Raven

02Z71Raven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had an xr1 (oval case version) on my old 5.3 Silverado with long tubes and no cats. It was honestly the perfect setup. Zero drone at any speeds but had a nice smooth sound and decent volume when on it. With stock manifolds and cats it will be even more tame so it will be a great every day setup.
Great, thanks. I like the longer 400500, but it's under the truck, so I don't why I care. I'll check out the oval xr1, thanks.

Zachm89

Reaction score
I also ran an oval borla xr-1 on my old Silverado SS, it was 4" though with a cammed and procharged 6.0. However, I loved the tone and sound of the xr-1. If I didnt have a corsa on the yukon Id definitely go borla.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons