Muffler delete too loud

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keefe007

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I did a muffler delete on my 2015 table 5.3L and I'm not happy with the sound. The tone is just not what I'm looking for. It honestly sounds a bit like an exhaust leak vs a performance exhaust.

I'm wondering what Flowmaster is recommended for a nice deep sound but not annoying. Also which inlet and outlet position and size.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd suggest not getting a Flowmaster. They sound good on old cars/trucks but on the new stuff they don't sound good at all. I'd HIGHLY recommend a Black Widow muffler in the Venom 250 range. Sounds great, good grunt but virtually not drone at all. They offer everything from super loud to pretty tame like the venom 250. I've got the 250 on my burb and it's perfect for a good sound on a family hauler. A Magnaflow 12589 is also a decent choice.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I cannot help you with your specific need, as I like loud exhausts. Lots of folks here on the Forum have Magnaflow mufflers, though, because they want sound when accelerating, but no loud sounds at idle, and no drone.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I cannot help you with your specific need, as I like loud exhausts. Lots of folks here on the Forum have Magnaflow mufflers, though, because they want sound when accelerating, but no loud sounds at idle, and no drone.
agreed. That's precisely why I threw out the suggestion of the Black Widow muffler. It's good to have choices. I'm one who loves the noise but my wife does not so the venom 250 is a great compromise to that. I had the Mangaflow on my 07 burb for 10 years and it got boring a few years into it because it doesn't produce much sound. :)

OP
OP
K

Keefe007

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I like loud exhausts. I have the Corsa Sport on my 6.2L Sierra and it sounds great. But the muffler delete sound is just not right. It sounds more like an exhaust problem than a nice deep rumble.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I like loud exhausts. I have the Corsa Sport on my 6.2L Sierra and it sounds great. But the muffler delete sound is just not right. It sounds more like an exhaust problem than a nice deep rumble.
That's why most people don't do muffler deletes on their daily driver.

BlackYukon

I'm kind of a Retard
Reaction score
I'v been running the Corsa sport for a few months now and have been extremely happy with it. no complaints.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
agreed. That's precisely why I threw out the suggestion of the Black Widow muffler. It's good to have choices. I'm one who loves the noise but my wife does not so the venom 250 is a great compromise to that. I had the Mangaflow on my 07 burb for 10 years and it got boring a few years into it because it doesn't produce much sound. :)
They have an Angry Housewife model...

Last edited:

Jeff_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm glad to read this. I had at one time considered doing it, but the comment above from @07Burb is exactly true, don't muffler delete your daily.
I'm considering getting a magnaflow muffler and deleting the exhaust flap, for a bit deeper real V8 sound. But it's hard to judge how that'll sound from the few crappy youtube videos I can find..

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron505