MPG tips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You talking Sugar loaf mountain?

Thats dang good mpg I've highly considered playing with mixes.

I don't know. It's the part of the Turnpike that used to be lined by orange groves on either side with lots of hills. I didn't even see an orange grove going through there this time.

BlackBear doesn't mess with E85 tables so my alcohol tables are of the stock tune. But yes, it's been interesting seeing how just a few percent either way in alcohol content affects the performance of the motor. Generally, it gets the same or better mileage than if running 93 octane gasoline. Costs a whole lot less too.

Bigshawn

Reaction score
Shell is always like 30-50 cents more per gallon here I used to use there Vpower all the time
Shell here in Greencastle, PA is 2.27 right now. It's right off interstate 81 and there's like 5 gas stations off that exit an they all try to stay around the same price. Gas Maryland is 1.99 to 2.05 right now but the next closest shell to me is like 45mins away in WV and it's 2.07. My 01 yukon almost has 330,000 miles on it and seems to be finicky with the kind of gas i run.

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know. It's the part of the Turnpike that used to be lined by orange groves on either side with lots of hills. I didn't even see an orange grove going through there this time.

BlackBear doesn't mess with E85 tables so my alcohol tables are of the stock tune. But yes, it's been interesting seeing how just a few percent either way in alcohol content affects the performance of the motor. Generally, it gets the same or better mileage than if running 93 octane gasoline. Costs a whole lot less too.

Yep you weren't far from me! Interesting not adjusting the tune at all. Do you log lambda by any chance?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there anything specific to look for when looking for a tech 2?

You'll want to make sure it comes with the latest software, 33.004 and includes all the accessories and the CANDI module. Now your GMT800 doesn't use the CANDI but other or future vehicles might. Seek a seller who has sold more than a few and has good feedback too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Butterfly7