MPG Comparison BFG KO2 versus Michelin Defender

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bfourman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How about longevity between the two? From experience with older LTXs, they should easily go 60 to 80 thousand miles. My KO2s are down to 8/32 tread at 35K... Well, come to think of it, that's not too bad either if they keep wearing this way. Thanks!

Anyone else run them both?
I got almost 50k out of the BFGs and I'm at 30k with the Michelins with good tread left. This is on a 2017 Ram that gets driven hard every day.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

juan84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got about 30k on them in 5 years and still look good with the Michelin defender ltx. I'll be getting these again and again I've gotten about 60k out of my last set before 1 started loosing air and just replaced them all988935112aee61ec76cd40d455c68857.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Jolly Roger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I swear, if I look real close these tires look like they say "DEFENDER"???

jsZbRMO.jpg

Jolly Roger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking at the tread, the picture looks like it was photoshopped.
Always a possibility, but I found this one as well..
who knows though, the tire could have been ran flat and destroyed...
TjfJPzr.jpg

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I swear, if I look real close these tires look like they say "DEFENDER"???

View attachment 231678

Chicken Pox? I've seen much smaller ones where the tire was pinched against a curb and that happened. Then to prove a point, I had one on the right rear of one of my Buick's and drag raced all night with it. Same tire with multiple plugs. The Lord had mercy on me!

Thomas Hennigan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've run them both on my 2002 Yukon Denali. The Michelin Defenders are (by far) the longest lasting, best MPG, quietest ride, AND best traction for the Yukon, even in mud, and especially in snow. I think its the weight and siping. They're great tires. But the KO2's just look badass cool on an older Yukon so... I run KO2's. LOL.