Moving backup cam from mirror to radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I am new to this forum. Does anyone know where the video wires are located on a 2012 Tahoe with the mirror video as the current display? I was told that I could find the wires near the parking brake at the firewall, but can't seem to locate the supposed connector. I bought a new headend unit and want to mirror the display in the headend unit as well as the mirror. Can someone help me?

The search button is your friend.... I just posted this yesterday I believe...

rps20180827_223601_913.jpg

Take a long single RCA and cut off one end. Splice the center conductor to pin 6 (white) and the outer shield to pin 7 (blue) at the rear view mirror, then run the wire across the headliner and down the A-pillar to the dash and plug the RCA into your HU.

This will give you video in the HU AND the mirror. If you don't want it in the mirror then clip the wires.

MCAT069

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tapped the mirror feed in my 2012 Z71 when I upgraded to the HDD radio. The wires on mine where in a foil wrapping. I found it easier to drop the headliner down a little on the drivers side so that I could grab the wires and pull on them hard enough to release them from the tape that is holding them on the headliner. While doing this, I managed to unhook the drain for the sunroof and did not realize it until I got the car washed.

LRod

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The search button is your friend.... I just posted this yesterday I believe...

View attachment 206131

Take a long single RCA and cut off one end. Splice the center conductor to pin 6 (white) and the outer shield to pin 7 (blue) at the rear view mirror, then run the wire across the headliner and down the A-pillar to the dash and plug the RCA into your HU.

This will give you video in the HU AND the mirror. If you don't want it in the mirror then clip the wires.

I did as suggested by this forum's group members and it worked. I am very thankful for all of your help.

sanco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is great info I have to remember to find this when i decide to drop in my double din

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aray1288