Moving backup cam from mirror to radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

minytrker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My factory backup camera goes to my rear view mirror, since I have an aftermarket double din I want it to display on there instead. Is there any write ups for doing this? I found a couple for adding a factory camera but nothing on moving it from mirror.

Thanks

Burbin

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What year is your vehicle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Yes. I can send you the Pinout tomorrow of what pins the video + and ground are. Then just follow them down the a-pillar and butt an rca end on it to connect to the aftermarket radio

Burbin

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's super easy I did it. The 2013 and up have to be done at the mirror

Burbin

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Being 09 you can get your video from under the dash. Somebody chime in and tell him which wire he needs to tap in

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Should be white wire for Video + in Pin 6, Grey for Video ground in pin 7 of the mirror plug. Follow those wires across the headliner and down the A pillar. Either tap or cut n splice to put an RCA end on for your radio. The connector will be labeled with pin numbers in the corners.

OP
OP
M

minytrker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks I appreciate it. I figured it had to be in kick panel or a pillar but wasn't for sure what to look for.

PandaClaw

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was hoping someone who has done this can chime in and give me an answer. I took a look under the dash and didn't see the blue and white wire without some cutting of insulation etc. I saw that burbin said 2013 and up had to tap at the mirror so the picture is my wiring harness that plugs into the mirror. My only question is they're are 2 blue wires. Which one? I couldn't find a mirror harness wiring diagram to see which pins provide what. I'm going to assume it is the blue and white wires that are next to each other but some conformation first would be great. Thanks!

Also my plan is to splice primary wire up there and tuck it into the ceiling and A-pillar so it isn't noticable and then splice the RCA under the dash.

http://postimg.org/image/sl5xrbksx/

LRod

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Should be white wire for Video + in Pin 6, Grey for Video ground in pin 7 of the mirror plug. Follow those wires across the headliner and down the A pillar. Either tap or cut n splice to put an RCA end on for your radio. The connector will be labeled with pin numbers in the corners.

I am new to this forum. Does anyone know where the video wires are located on a 2012 Tahoe with the mirror video as the current display? I was told that I could find the wires near the parking brake at the firewall, but can't seem to locate the supposed connector. I bought a new headend unit and want to mirror the display in the headend unit as well as the mirror. Can someone help me?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llujum