Motorkote synthetic lubrication & AFM MPG

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guy's i'm biting the bullet and re-enabled AFM sigh....

were at $5.13 :Whoa:

i installed some motorkote synthetic hyper lubrication

is the problem with the lifters a lubrication issue?

i bought it a year ago but had not installed into the engine tell tonight trying to squeeze every mile i can get out of it now...

Oldewing

Reaction score
I was introduced to Motorkote about 10 years ago by a professional Owner|Driver of over the road Semi's. I had steering rack issues with my Tacoma, added some Motorkote and got 3 more years out of the wore out rack. So I add it to my trucks with each oil change now. Been running it in my Yukon for 3 years. In my Tacoma, it seems to keep blow by down, as the oil cap dosen't get the same milky film when Kote is not there. I like it in the Yukon because of the DOD system, hope it keeps the lifters working better...

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it's an oil pressure problem, because you can't read the pressure at the lifters, you don't know till it's to late that they aren't getting what they need, and then either the internal pins that engage and disengage the lifter don't fully lock one way or the other and get damaged or the internal lifter galls up and gets stuck.

this guy's has some really good info and cut aways of what causes it. basically if you want to run it safely, you need to pull the intake, make sure the screen under the oil pressure sensor is clean, replace any seal or solenoid leading oil pressure to the lifters, and then hope really hard.

mine is disable, I did it about the half way point of a 1200 mile trip from Florida to TX and I didn't see any real mpg difference before and after, driving style seemed to make way more difference. if you are struggling to afford gas, just skip a trip or 2 a week, or drive a bit slower and you will have saved more gas than 4cyl mode. oh and run 87 lol. I know you like to run 93 but that math doesn't work when it's a 1$ more a gal for 1mpg or less over 3.59 for 87

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just to add info to this thread if it comes up in searches. in the tune 4cyl mode is limited by time based on oil foaming predictions. so when you see it clicking on and off all the time its not just your foot haha. it know using the engine oil as hydraulic fluid is a bad idea and limits itself.

Last edited:

dnt1010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any Updates on the MotorKote Product Mr B? Judging by the video you attached it does help with lubricity I guess my concern would be after a few thousand miles does it change properties and possibly turn into sludge and cause more problems than it fixes?
I might grab a container and try it if you think it does not hurt anything??? I am suore sensitive to the oil pressures after I had the low pressure back in the winter so I guess if I start seeing anomalies I could just change the oil back to straight oil.

Oh and I think you are from CA is gas over 10 bucks out there now? I thought that I saw that on the news for some parts of CA?

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I changed the oil on 6/14/21 YTD at 105899 currently has 107530 ish miles..
I know about the 1 year rule i'll have to get it done on the 27th when i get paid (and my day off)

it's $6.43 at the station where i fill up (premium fuel)

it's a little dirty not too bad though... somewhat expected due to the amount of dust in the air, no visible "large particles or carbon flakes"
vdgfdfg.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any Updates on the MotorKote Product Mr B? Judging by the video you attached it does help with lubricity I guess my concern would be after a few thousand miles does it change properties and possibly turn into sludge and cause more problems than it fixes?
I might grab a container and try it if you think it does not hurt anything??? I am suore sensitive to the oil pressures after I had the low pressure back in the winter so I guess if I start seeing anomalies I could just change the oil back to straight oil.

Oh and I think you are from CA is gas over 10 bucks out there now? I thought that I saw that on the news for some parts of CA?
Strike that i'll get the oil changed today....:)

maybe the air filter as well

OP
OP
B

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got the oil changed it smelled pretty bad like gasoline (remember the high fuel trims or leaky injectors?)

dnt1010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got the oil changed it smelled pretty bad like gasoline (remember the high fuel trims or leaky injectors?)
I changed the oil on 6/14/21 YTD at 105899 currently has 107530 ish miles..
I know about the 1 year rule i'll have to get it done on the 27th when i get paid (and my day off)

it's $6.43 at the station where i fill up (premium fuel)

it's a little dirty not too bad though... somewhat expected due to the amount of dust in the air, no visible "large particles or carbon flakes"
View attachment 372770
My oil seems to get dirty really quickly. I have +261k and a lot of piston blowby though and it is burning enough il that it occasionally fouls #1 cylinder spark plug. (changed it yesterday PO301)

OP
OP
B

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My oil seems to get dirty really quickly. I have +261k and a lot of piston blowby though and it is burning enough il that it occasionally fouls #1 cylinder spark plug. (changed it yesterday PO301)
like how many miles gets dirty??4500 miles with the mobil 1 filter for me

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094