Motor oil revelations !

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swat2380

Reaction score
what it's true the tiny push rods that carry oil to the top of the engine will get clogged over time there is this one guy with his 5.7L and it takes 45 seconds for oil to reach the top of the engine those tiny tubes get clogged easy

skip the video to 6:50

you will get the point that dirty oil does not pay to keep in the engine
No I still don't get your point because I am fairly educated what I'm talking about. If you like your way I say go for it but please don't offer any advice to others on this subject

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
No I still don't get your point because I am fairly educated what I'm talking about. If you like your way I say go for it but please don't offer any advice to others on this subject
Please keep in mind that Brent drives a Hybrid. He fails to mention that little tidbit when talking about fuel economy and what rpm his motor runs at. Hang around and you will hear about the other magical aspects of his vehicle.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1,030RPM @ 40MPH what ever oil changes too far inbetween is the failure of your AFM.

so your advice is that it's normal for no oil to come out (or dribble out of the rods)? oil should be going everywhere..
like this
20200518_192458.jpg

Last edited:

Bob2C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my oil report back using Rotella Gas truck. Copper high for 3k mile change.

18068ebb90fbaf190790ea954edccb12.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thompsoj22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
california native "REPUBLICAN" high desert
1,030RPM @ 40MPH what ever oil changes too far inbetween is the failure of your AFM.

so your advice is that it's normal for no oil to come out (or dribble out of the rods)? oil should be going everywhere..
like this
View attachment 247798

Hey brent, i made that video in 1968 on my 283 chevy SB. come on man apples/orange's. You are entertaining though so what the heck!

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey brent, i made that video in 1968 on my 283 chevy SB. come on man apples/orange's. You are entertaining though so what the heck!
not much has changed since 1968 on the v8 engines only minor modifications to improve emissions and mpg slightly..
the only big changes were to the intake, ignition system and injection system.. it's still the same ole cast iron engine under that plastic cover..

the major change was on the Gen 4(inbetweener) when aluminum block, VVT was added & high pressure variable oil pump* hybrid model only..

Last edited:

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not much has changed since 1968 on the v8 engines only minor modifications to improve emissions and mpg slightly..
the only big changes were to the intake, ignition system and injection system.. it's still the same ole cast iron engine under that plastic cover..

Yeah? No changes to the oiling system? The bottom end is still the same 2- or 4-bolt mains? Same bores and strokes? Same rod and cap design? Same skirt depth? Same weight?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe