Motor oil revelations !

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am confused by some of your statements. Do you choose to drive 10 mph all the time like a snow plow or(haven't read entire thread)? Also when was the last time you have seen modern engine oil destroy an engine due to deposits?

Uhhh... hang around, there will be lots of confusing statements...

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Uhhh... hang around, there will be lots of confusing statements...
what it's true the tiny push rods that carry oil to the top of the engine will get clogged over time there is this one guy with his 5.7L and it takes 45 seconds for oil to reach the top of the engine those tiny tubes get clogged easy

skip the video to 6:50

you will get the point that dirty oil does not pay to keep in the engine

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am confused by some of your statements. Do you choose to drive 10 mph all the time like a snow plow or(haven't read entire thread)? Also when was the last time you have seen modern engine oil destroy an engine due to deposits? There are plenty of people running very extended oil changes with oil analysis done and zero problems. We don't use paraffin, graphite or other deposit prone materials in our oil anymore. Hell dino oil can be left for a year and 5-7k plus on several engines for 300+k miles just fine including lots of idle time, short trips etc. like a police car, ambulance, cab. Dark oil is not necessarily dirty oil, you should do yourself a favor and jump on Bob is the oil guy and do some reading there is a ton of good oil education on there

the gear shift spots are weird and are all over the place.(by design of course ) it can be quite confusing in it self. i can be in 4th gear at 30mph when using M4 on the other hand i can be in 3rd at 50mph or 4th at 40mph...

brichter

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How fookin' old is that jet oil? I haven't seen an oil can since the 70s! :eek:

:anitoof:

Horry shet! Just googled it and it still comes in cans brand new! :head3::head3::head3:

Last edited:

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How fookin' old is that jet oil? I haven't seen an oil can since the 70s! :eek:

:anitoof:

what it's true the tiny push rods that carry oil to the top of the engine will get clogged over time there is this one guy with his 5.7L and it takes 45 seconds for oil to reach the top of the engine those tiny tubes get clogged easy

skip the video to 6:50

you will get the point that dirty oil does not pay to keep in the engine
Had a white Tahoe exactly like the one in the video. Those 5.7's are great motors except that they only have 200 H.P.

Last edited:

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont use k&n because your just paying extra for that nut. i bought a set of the oil filter sockets for my ratchets. i generally dont need them as i put them on by hand and remove them by hand generally. only oils i wont use is store brand anything and quaker state. far as im aware quaker state came a long way since ive had problems with it but they have already tarnished thier reputation with me. outside of that i buy oil appropriate for what im using it in.
If your able to remove your filter by hand your not getting it tight enough. I have never been able to remove a filter by hand.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont use k&n because your just paying extra for that nut. i bought a set of the oil filter sockets for my ratchets. i generally dont need them as i put them on by hand and remove them by hand generally. only oils i wont use is store brand anything and quaker state. far as im aware quaker state came a long way since ive had problems with it but they have already tarnished thier reputation with me. outside of that i buy oil appropriate for what im using it in.
that is incorrect if you have a hybrid engine it's quite useful as the oil pan is a weird shape on the 6.0l engine(LFA) other wise someone might get lazy and not install it correct

happened to me losing several qt of oil in just 4 hours of driving(dipsit forgot to tighten it at pepboys) it was not the first time it happened at that location

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your able to remove your filter by hand your not getting it tight enough. I have never been able to remove a filter by hand.
ive never seen anyone else able to remove a filter i put on by hand able to remove it with thier hands. ive also been doing this for quite some time and the filter bodys are still dry when i remove them and my vehicles dont require any oil between oil changes. ive actually had people ask what i put the filter on with because it was too tight. maybe you should do some strength building exercises. im also usually able to remove a filter by hand that i never put on.