Motor noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The sound that you are referring to is typically 'injected' into the low power side or input side to a power amp, where the input signal voltage coming from the preamp is low enough to be impacted by other transient electrical fluxes in the truck's electrical system.

Then, (1) possibly, it could be a loose connection on the wiring plug coming into the power amp's low side input connection from the preamp for the front left channel.

(2) If you have no power amp, and are simply running off the head unit's internal power amp, then I believe that you have a failure in the circuitry within the head unit.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Radz156

Radz156

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The sound that you are referring to is typically 'injected' into the low power side or input side to a power amp, where the input signal voltage coming from the preamp is low enough to be impacted by other transient electrical fluxes in the truck's electrical system.

Then, (1) possibly, it could be a loose connection on the wiring plug coming into the power amp's low side input connection from the preamp for the front left channel.

(2) If you have no power amp, and are simply running off the head unit's internal power amp, then I believe that you have a failure in the circuitry within the head unit.
I have power amp. Will check. Thanks

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have power amp. Will check. Thanks
OK. You have a power amp. Then, be sure to check the connectors on both ends (head unit end and power amp end) to ensure that the connector are fully plugged in.

If both connectors are fully plugged in, then the next step that I would recommend is to use an ohm meter to check the continuity of both leads of the connector wires that connect the front left output of the head unit to the left front input of the power amp, to be sure that there is not a break in the either wire.

OP
OP
Radz156

Radz156

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
OK. You have a power amp. Then, be sure to check the connectors on both ends (head unit end and power amp end) to ensure that the connector are fully plugged in.

If both connectors are fully plugged in, then the next step that I would recommend is to use an ohm meter to check the continuity of both leads of the connector wires that connect the front left output of the head unit to the left front input of the power amp, to be sure that there is not a break in the either wire.
Thank you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Doc52

Latest posts