More Oil Pressure Wackiness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damnit! They trick me!! I read the 1 star reviews. My last amazon one was leaking out of the top of the sensor too!! Now I need to sacrifice my hand again because I thought I could save $50.
That part was sold by a company called “ click, buy, love” and only shipped by Amazon. If you’re buying parts online, you’re best to buy from a well known seller like Rock Auto os possibly if it’s sold by Amazon and not a third party seller on Amazon. Even then, I’ve heard of returns from the bad sellers getting mixed in with genuine Amazon returns and then being resold by Amazon themselves. I always read reviews also. Good you figured it out.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, any time you’re buying an $80 part for $20….ahem.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, any time you’re buying an $80 part for $20….ahem.

well to be fair, the dealer parts are horrible over priced. I once bought a vw switch that was over 100$ at the dealer but made in a China factory that sold stright off aliexpress as well. it was 16$ with a pig tail that. I do believe it wasn't counterfeit either. so price isn't always the best indicator. gm parts direct well sell it for much cheaper, and so far my local dealer has been willing to match their list price, saving shipping.

might not hurt that I try to go after work while in uniform so I look like a mechanic. but still, lotta meat on the bones of a 10$ to make sensor selling for 80$.

I still would love to know how they get the packaging perfect looking. unless they just buy from a contact at the same place gm gets them.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well to be fair, the dealer parts are horrible over priced. I once bought a vw switch that was over 100$ at the dealer but made in a China factory that sold stright off aliexpress as well. it was 16$ with a pig tail that. I do believe it wasn't counterfeit either. so price isn't always the best indicator. gm parts direct well sell it for much cheaper, and so far my local dealer has been willing to match their list price, saving shipping.

might not hurt that I try to go after work while in uniform so I look like a mechanic. but still, lotta meat on the bones of a 10$ to make sensor selling for 80$.

I still would love to know how they get the packaging perfect looking. unless they just buy from a contact at the same place gm gets them.
The packaging is never perfect but you have to know what to look for. You’ve never heard of the multibillion dollar industry of Chinese counterfeiting that’s been happening forever? There’s been a huge amount of AC Delco plugs lately that were shown by experts to be fake. Here, look at these “Ray-Ban” sunglasses I bought. The only way I can tell they’re fake is because:

1.I paid $20 for a pair that sell for over $200.
2. They came directly from a Chinese seller, shipped DHL from there. They took a month to arrive.

They look exactly like the real thing TO ME. I’m not sure if anybody other than an expert can tell. Even the cleaning rag has a perfect logo and feel.

Edit: Google “ counterfeit AC Delco spark plugs” you’ll see.

Attachments

• A8366C80-C1C1-40D9-AAFC-DFC573234477.jpeg
    A8366C80-C1C1-40D9-AAFC-DFC573234477.jpeg
    222.8 KB · Views: 4
  • C20212B3-D994-4904-8673-382FC4EAAFAB.jpeg
    C20212B3-D994-4904-8673-382FC4EAAFAB.jpeg
    213 KB · Views: 4
  • 35160105-D693-4259-9F3F-6DEC338AC2F0.jpeg
    35160105-D693-4259-9F3F-6DEC338AC2F0.jpeg
    268.5 KB · Views: 4

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess that's true, been fake everything else for years. I've just never really cared about buying oem parts till lately as it seems life time warranty at local parts stores aren't really life time anymore, and their parts seem to have gotten really bad too. that and Amazon / ebay has given them easy outlets to sell them, before only dealers really sold dealer parts.

for years I've always just bought what had a lifetime at my local parts store, never was a problem back in the day. now, not so much haha

Indy1K

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
it's so annoying right.. I mean it might not even be it, but you kinda gotta rule it out before tearing into the engine.

other thing you can do it pick up a mechanical gauge that goes in down on the front drivers side of the engine and check there.. that tests the pressure straight off the pump before going thru all the filter stuff.
I just replaced the Oil pressure sensor with the HIHIAV part from Amazon. Now my hot idel pressure is maybe 15psi and driving around 20-25psi. I think this sensor is questionable.
Do you have a picture of where you can screw in a mechanical oil pressure gauge into the driver side of the engine? Thanks in advance,
Kevin

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just replaced the Oil pressure sensor with the HIHIAV part from Amazon. Now my hot idel pressure is maybe 15psi and driving around 20-25psi. I think this sensor is questionable.
Do you have a picture of where you can screw in a mechanical oil pressure gauge into the driver side of the engine? Thanks in advance,
Kevin

I can't find the video I saw on it. but this prime video shows the port with the engine in a stand and in the description he shows the adaptor thread and stuff if you're not buying a gauge kit with them already in it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts