Moog Parts up to the job?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Drwinlied Here is a picture of the parts list I was building and the part numbers for the MOOG pieces I used. I have a feeling some people used MOOG economy line and were disappointed with the results. These part numbers are for their premium line. Tie rods are missing from this list but I used their MOOG CK line for tie rods.
B5D0826B-654D-4580-8E26-7E5FADAF6FC8.JPG

Denaliz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Moog are one of the few I’d run no questions asked. I just wrapped up an entire front end rebuild/ refresh (upper/lower control arms, ball joints, tie rods, end links, bushings, front/rear sway bar upgrade to Eibach and including front and rear Z55 struts and shocks. I used oem for most parts but moog inner/outer tie rods. I’ve not once been let down by anything moog I purchased or had replaced.

Drwinlied

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Drwinlied Here is a picture of the parts list I was building and the part numbers for the MOOG pieces I used. I have a feeling some people used MOOG economy line and were disappointed with the results. These part numbers are for their premium line. Tie rods are missing from this list but I used their MOOG CK line for tie rods.
View attachment 353777
Those are the same arms I went with as well. I did oem inner/outer tie rods and rolled the dice on the mevotech TX series end links. Not that my lowered tahoe sees much trail action haha.

If they suck I'll just throw a whole new sway bar kit up there because I apparently like fixing things that aren't broke. Well, the front bushing are cooked everywhere but new hard parts for 700$ or nearly 550$ for just all new poly bushings.

Thanks again for your input.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Moog CK Series is ACDelco Professional, at least it was a year or so ago when Chris bought his parts. @iamdub

Correct. I would prefer AC Delco OE. But, with the limited mileage I put on mine, even parts that should last only half as long as OE would get me by for a long time. Besides, I got my arms for $39 and $23. They're plenty good enough at those prices!

Found my post. It was almost three years ago!

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct. I would prefer AC Delco OE. But, with the limited mileage I put on mine, even parts that should last only half as long as OE would get me by for a long time. Besides, I got my arms for $39 and $23. They're plenty good enough at those prices!

Found my post. It was almost three years ago!

Time is sure flying by, eh Chris?

OP
OP
Bigjimmy

Bigjimmy

Reaction score
So far so good,seems decent quality my mechanic was happy I’d sourced Moog stuff

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interestingly, I took a look under my '07 over the weekend, and noticed that one of my lower ball joints is starting to tear. They are Moog and I replaced them in 2018. Can't remember if they were C or R line though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mldawson11