Mods Because Of Social Distancing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
??????? I didn't get that message, but then again I still use a flip ph. My 9.9L W/2 carbs = 1180 hp, all motor.

I'm using #6 AN fittings and hose, except on the cooler 3/8", to plumb it.

I have decided to change the flow sequence. Out of the engine, cooler, tank, bypass filter, back to the engine.

HAPPY EASTER
View media item 28240
Love the bug screens.

OP
OP
donjetman

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love the bug screens.
Not so much for bugs, they do no harm, especially when they disintegrate @ 180+ mph. The screens come in handy when following another race car back down the return road after a run. Their slicks are sticky and throw rocks back and could fly into the hood scoop and engine. That would be bad.

Last edited:

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea... I learned a while ago where to position myself, standing near a nitro funny car at the starting pad.
( rubber bits ) - It will get a little messy !!
White uniforms is not the choice of a color!!!

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not so much for bugs, they do no harm, especially when they disintegrate @ 180+ mph. The screens come in handy when following another race car back down the return road after a run. Their slicks are sticky and throw rocks back and could in up in my hood scoop and engine. That would be bad.
Yeah I know they aren’t for bugs lol. Those would have to be some giant ass bugs.

Reaction score
I always hated the noise from the tiny pebbles picked up by the sticky slicks and flung into the wheelwell when driving down the return road

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I always hated the noise from the tiny pebbles picked up by the sticky slicks and flung into the wheelwell when driving down the return road

During my work on sport car racing ( sometimes I was the "tire guy").... After a test session or a race, I would have the car come into the pit stall. Change the hot slick tires to the rain ( treaded ) tires, so I didn't have to scrub all the tiny stones off, as we took the car to the garage area.

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

Riley Scott Craig T Nelson.jpg