Mods Because Of Social Distancing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
donjetman

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ooh, I almost forgot to tell yawl. I tried to back it out of my shop to drain the coolant with the front driveshaft removed. It wouldn't budge.

Just so you know.

OP
OP
donjetman

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anybody want a slightly used 4 mth old heater hose w/plastic y fitting? I bought it and installed it but have since replaced it with the unit that has the metal y fitting. I paid $40 @ my NAPA, pt# NBH 9187. Make me an offer. Shipping USPS will be an additional $10, or if your local to Bulverde, TX, come pick it up. Also, FREE for local pickup only, my old working water pump.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now...... This is news!!! :driver:
An average of 103 mph....

Team reportedly beats 'Cannonball Run' coast-to-coast record on empty highways

logo-masthead-stacked@2x-v3-e1580833153744-150x150.png By Randy DeSoto, The Western Journal
Published April 11, 2020 at 6:03am
A team of drivers reportedly set a new coast-to-coast "Cannonball Run" record by taking advantage of the empty highways brought about by the coronavirus outbreak.

Road & Track reported the team of three or four drivers in an Audi A8 started at the Red Ball Garage in New York City at 11:15 p.m. on April 4, and finished less than 27 hours later at the Portofino Hotel & Marina in Redondo Beach, California.

OP
OP
donjetman

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
103 mph avg, WOW that's fast.

This is where I'm thinkin about mounting the oil cooler. What to yawl think?

Also, what are these 2 little doo dads?? Temp sensors for fans ???
View media item 28229

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
103 mph avg, WOW that's fast.

This is where I'm thinkin about mounting the oil cooler. What to yawl think?

Also, what are these 2 little doo dads?? Temp sensors for fans ???
View media item 28229

Oil cooler looks fine there to me. Them's be temp sensors for the ambient temp displayed in the mirror. I forget why there's two. Maybe it has to do with the auto climate control system?

OP
OP
donjetman

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
after the carburetor went away.
??????? I didn't get that message, but then again I still use a flip ph. My 9.9L W/2 carbs = 1180 hp, all motor.

I'm using #6 AN fittings and hose, except on the cooler 3/8", to plumb it.

I have decided to change the flow sequence. Out of the engine, cooler, tank, bypass filter, back to the engine.

HAPPY EASTER
View media item 28240

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne