Mods Because Of Social Distancing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Finished this project today. Took her for a spin and all is good

So did you decide to go ahead and just hook everything up or did you just hook up the oil cooler and not the tank so you can check the UOA?

Also, in your earlier post you said it would come off the ICT adapter > the Bypass filter > the tank > the oil cooler > back to the engine.

In this scenario wouldn't the bypass filter restrict the oil flow to the point of rendering the oil cooler almost useless?

Or does the filter housing allow the rest of the volume of oil to pass through?

OP
OP
donjetman

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So did you decide to go ahead and just hook everything up or did you just hook up the oil cooler and not the tank so you can check the UOA?

Also, in your earlier post you said it would come off the ICT adapter > the Bypass filter > the tank > the oil cooler > back to the engine.

In this scenario wouldn't the bypass filter restrict the oil flow to the point of rendering the oil cooler almost useless?

Or does the filter housing allow the rest of the volume of oil to pass through?
I hooked everything up, and in series. From engine oil cooler pad, thru cooler, thru tank, thru bypass, and back to engine.
Yes the bypass restricts flow. It doesn't matter if its first, last, or middle. It is a restriction in that circuit. But a little oil being cooled is better than no oil being cooled. And maybe the 180* thermostat will have positive effect(s)? Maybe this was all for nothing? If nothing else I should get 12k-13k miles between oil changes and the DIC should be at about 0% remaining. If you don't remember, the DIC read 25% remaining when I change the oil at 8600 miles this last time. If the oil temp is reduced by 10-15* on avg, IMO the oil's additive package won't get depleted as quickly. I don't have an oil temp gauge so there;s no way to tell.

New Yukon projects will have to wait. I need to turn my attention to other vehicles for a little while.

OP
OP
donjetman

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The price of gasoline is the lowest in years. Due to massive over-supply, it will remain low for at least another year.

No reason to convert to 87 octane at this time, IMO.
man were you wrong:(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts