OR VietVet Is Still Throwing $$$ at 2005 Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Walchit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Joined the forum a few days ago, and I just made it through your thread. Crazy amount of work you have done on this thing!

I go to KC a few times a year, and would love to see this thing sometime after you get moved!
I just bought a 2000 XL with 309k miles. I probably should have kept looking, but my wife was really wanting to get one, and I was tired of driving 50 miles every other day, to look at Yukon's and suburbans lol

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Joined the forum a few days ago, and I just made it through your thread. Crazy amount of work you have done on this thing!

I go to KC a few times a year, and would love to see this thing sometime after you get moved!
I just bought a 2000 XL with 309k miles. I probably should have kept looking, but my wife was really wanting to get one, and I was tired of driving 50 miles every other day, to look at Yukon's and suburbans lol
Welcome to the forum.

When the move happens, I will post here and let members know I have switched states. Just keep looking here for updates. There are still a few things I have in mind for this rig.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I am pretty much at the end of my upgrades of new OE Genuine GM parts. I will be installing soon: Ignition switch, neutral safety switch and the turn signal switch/lever assembly. My plans are to also buy all the a/c components and the heater core and condenser and lines and such. Got a large list from @915_Tahoe and already priced them. I am going to buy all that stuff when in Mo.

The recent brand new Cooper tires helped with the handling because of the 10 ply rating and their smoothness on the road. Now it is time to just drive it and wait out my cousin's lawsuit settlement from PG&E.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
By the way, my tech friend has approached me and said he knows I am not gonna sell the rig to him and said he never really thought I would after doing all this work. We joked along the way but he knew. He is set to do the above listed a/c work but understands my wait till my move. I will miss working with him when I move. He has been a big help and always motivated to dive right in on the work on this rig and we worked well together. Plus, I kept him fed and in beer when we worked after hours.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
By the way, my tech friend has approached me and said he knows I am not gonna sell the rig to him and said he never really thought I would after doing all this work. We joked along the way but he knew. He is set to do the above listed a/c work but understands my wait till my move. I will miss working with him when I move. He has been a big help and always motivated to dive right in on the work on this rig and we worked well together. Plus, I kept him fed and in beer when we worked after hours.
People like that are hard to find these days, and even harder to lose, when either you or him need to move away.

When is your projected move date?

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The move date is still dependent on the PG&E payoff on both her properties. Once she gets her payoff, I will give notice here of 30 days. She will immediately put both properties on the market, her two story 4 bedroom home with a double car garage and terraced back yard and 1/3 acre and the rental property that burned to the ground. That property has been cleared. The listing should take about 30 days or 6 weeks. After I leave here, I will be driving there to her place with my belongings in a trailer and then we will have all that and her home loaded in a moving truck of a company I deal with at my self storage facility and they will meet us in Warrensburg, Mo. at her sons home where all the items will be unloaded at his garage. Then we start the process of buying a place. Her home alone will sell for $450k to $500k and there is a list of clients already that want it when available. The rental property will sell but for an unknown amount as of yet. The places we checked in Warrensburg are listing at around $230k to $270k for ranch style single level, 3 bedroom, 2 car garage, up to 1/2 acre land, fenced, central air and heat, deck, finished off full basement and not right in town. I checked and there is an American Legion and VA clinic in town as well.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The move date is still dependent on the PG&E payoff on both her properties. Once she gets her payoff, I will give notice here of 30 days. She will immediately put both properties on the market, her two story 4 bedroom home with a double car garage and terraced back yard and 1/3 acre and the rental property that burned to the ground. That property has been cleared. The listing should take about 30 days or 6 weeks. After I leave here, I will be driving there to her place with my belongings in a trailer and then we will have all that and her home loaded in a moving truck of a company I deal with at my self storage facility and they will meet us in Warrensburg, Mo. at her sons home where all the items will be unloaded at his garage. Then we start the process of buying a place. Her home alone will sell for $450k to $500k and there is a list of clients already that want it when available. The rental property will sell but for an unknown amount as of yet. The places we checked in Warrensburg are listing at around $230k to $270k for ranch style single level, 3 bedroom, 2 car garage, up to 1/2 acre land, fenced, central air and heat, deck, finished off full basement and not right in town. I checked and there is an American Legion and VA clinic in town as well.

Once you get there be sure to subscribe to Spectrum for your internet. Or at least check it out. ;)

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Once you get there be sure to subscribe to Spectrum for your internet. Or at least check it out. ;)
Will do. My cousin loves Net Flix and I record lots of Fox News shows and I want to be able to get older black and white movies. Her son is already there for years and lives on the outskirts of town, so he will have some suggestions. I just texted her to contact her son about the options. Thanks for the info.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have spectrum. Have no complaints other than them raising the price after 12 months or whatever

Yeah, every company has different marketing ideas. I work for Spectrum but am not in their footprint, so I pay Comcast for my internet. I was on promotional 1-year contracts for a long time but finally found a standard plan that fits my needs and budget. So if the price gets too high, I'll probably downgrade the speed. I have more than I can really use now, but the price point was right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts