MJ Engineering Tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

jamesl0822

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I finally got my files to Mike at MJE today around lunch time and a few hours later I had perma-grin tooling around in the yukon with my new tune!!

I would say that all of my criteria, mentioned earlier, improved noticeably (especially seat of the pants dyno big difference) but I have yet to check my mpg as it has been too soon only 150 miles.

I requested a tune that gave me as much extra hp as possible on 91 octane but did not go crazy with the torque management bc my wife drives it a lot and would complain. He hit it just right on the first try.

I cannot tell you how impressed I am with Mike's customer service. There is something to be said about being able to reach someone by phone and find someone on the other end of that phone that doesn't act like the questions you have are silly (although they usually are).

If I had to say something critical about the entire process, I would say that I was intimidated by the process bc I didn't understand the process. Now that I have done everything I can see that the process is so simple that a lot of instructions are not necessary. But I have decided to start a new thread with some simple step by step instructions (for dummies like me). Mike is available at almost anytime to answer these questions and actually seemed to enjoy talking to you to get a feel for what you want. I'm simply going to write these instructions so that maybe I can help others to not feel overwhelmed.

I could and will recommend MJE to any of my friends.

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

So I finally got my files to Mike at MJE today around lunch time and a few hours later I had perma-grin tooling around in the yukon with my new tune!!

So I'm accessing the criteria I mentioned earlier in the thread on standard 1-10 scale (1 being bad)

Criteria Before tune After tune
MPG 12.9 too soon to know
Shift Points 6 8 (noticeable difference!)
Torque MGMT 5 6 (didnt' want it to shift too hard)
Seat of the Pants Dyno 6 8
Lean or Rich No spark knocking before or after

I requested a tune that gave me as much extra hp as possible on 91 octane but did not go crazy with the torque management bc my wife drives it a lot and would complain. He hit it just right on the first try.

I cannot tell you how impressed I am with Mike's customer service. There is something to be said about being able to reach someone by phone and find someone on the other end of that phone that doesn't act like the questions you have are silly (although they usually are).

If I had to say something critical about the entire process, I would say that I was intimidated by the process bc I didn't understand the process. Now that I have done everything I can see that the process is so simple that a lot of instructions are not necessary. But I have decided to start a new thread with some simple step by step instructions (for dummies like me). Mike is available at almost anytime to answer these questions and actually seemed to enjoy talking to you to get a feel for what you want. I'm simply going to write these instructions so that maybe I can help others to not feel overwhelmed.

I could and will recommend MJE to any of my friends.

Last edited:

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
Really looking forward to see your mpg gains. I'm expecting to see in the 15-16 range depending on city or highway. Glad you actually posted results from before and after. Enjoy and let us know whats next!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
J

jamesl0822

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Unfortunately I don't have access to a 4 wheel dyno for the denali to give more stats. I can tell you that my 0-60 went from just under 7secs (averaged 5 runs at 6.87 secs) to an average of 6.33 and I'm sure there is a little human error but we used the same method for all 10 runs. I had been getting 13.3 mpg from the 6.2 engine using gps and looking forward to seeing what it goes to as well.

MJEngineering

New England Tuning
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Really glad to hear you are enjoying the new setup! I am working on a video which will walk you through the process, hope to have it finished soon!

Jmat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a BB tune myself and I'm very happy with the work they've done but picking up the phone and actually speaking with your tuner is a nice perk! Enjoy your tune.

D_R_C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately I don't have access to a 4 wheel dyno for the denali to give more stats. I can tell you that my 0-60 went from just under 7secs (averaged 5 runs at 6.87 secs) to an average of 6.33 and I'm sure there is a little human error but we used the same method for all 10 runs. I had been getting 13.3 mpg from the 6.2 engine using gps and looking forward to seeing what it goes to as well.

I'm considering going with MJ for my tune mainly because I'm like you I like to be able to actually talk with my tuners.
This one will be for my 5th vehicle I've done tuning on over the past 11 years, and I'm not going to go in blind folded now.
Tuners are a little more serious compared to ordering basic parts that I already know about.
How are you liking your tune ?

I tried asking you this on a PM but it was not letting me send my ?

Last edited:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Moved this to the correct section for you, James :Handshake:

jennifer_w

Reaction score
This Car much better-looking!
Very light and agile, great visibility except around the C pillars.

MJ is the great :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17