Missing Wires ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sean James

Reaction score
Like Galante says. It's pretty easy to figure out. You need a multi-meter, set to 20V's. Just start tracing power to ground with the parking lights on. Tape labels onto tail/parking light(s) wires with parking light switch on. Labels onto brake lights with brake pedal pushed down with a block of wood etc. or a helper. Put into reverse with key on, parking lights off, etc. Wipe dirt out of your eyes, and keep going, you'll figure it out. Power to ground on a multi-meter, easy peisi. Check all fuses first, don't let any wires touch metal ground or one-another, you'll get it. Parking/driving lights can have one wire, same with brake lights, and spliced to both tail-lights. Turn signal wires are separate powers and you will see power switching on and then off (an anolog/old school multi-meter works best for this). Set multi-meter to "Continuity" to check black wires to ground. I know it looks like a mess, but once you get going it's a piece of cake. You need 16 or 18 gauge wire, wire stripper (or sharp teeth), angle cutter, crimp connectors (or small twisties, my favorite) small zip ties, black tape, some wire loom (that black plastic tubing with the slit down the side) and patience. And oh! Why little red twist connectors? Over the last 30 years, I have had dozens of crimp connectors come loose, get corroded, and break connections. I have had a few twist connectors get corroded, but never come loose. They don't look as clean, and they take up a little more space, but they work. Black tape and zip ties are your friends.