Missing wheel wrench

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yukon702

Reaction score
I should sell you mine. It's sitting in my garage because I use a bottle jack instead. I'd just be too lazy to ship it

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Although our 'jack pack' is complete, I picked up an extra 1/2" pull handle and socket to add to the kit. After torquing the lug nuts on the truck, and figuring any tire shop will be probably spin them on with an impact running on 1000 psi air, I KNOW that flimsy stamped-steel Chinese thing will never get a single lug nut off when you most need it to. I should probably include a length of pipe to provide extra leverage, but haven't done that yet.

And yeah, I do re-torque the lugnuts when we have to visit such places. They're usually 'close' at best.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Although our 'jack pack' is complete, I picked up an extra 1/2" pull handle and socket to add to the kit. After torquing the lug nuts on the truck, and figuring any tire shop will be probably spin them on with an impact running on 1000 psi air, I KNOW that flimsy stamped-steel Chinese thing will never get a single lug nut off when you most need it to. I should probably include a length of pipe to provide extra leverage, but haven't done that yet.

And yeah, I do re-torque the lugnuts when we have to visit such places. They're usually 'close' at best.

I too have a complete factory tire irons/bottle jack for my truck and this for servicing the wheels:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RF95TDC/ref=od_aui_detailpages01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Notice that it angles away from the fenders and wheel wells, nice!

We also torque the wheels or check the torque after tire rotations and again after 50-100 miles since these aluminum wheels always seems to come loose, at least 1 or 2 anyway. I leave the torque wrench at home though!