Missing turn signal sounds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joe Donuts

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Quick Question, I replaced the factory radio with an Alpine I noticed I've lost the turn signal sounds. Anyway to bring it back?

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick Question, I replaced the factory radio with an Alpine I noticed I've lost the turn signal sounds. Anyway to bring it back?

I had that problem, after I replace the basic radio with the GM OEM Nav Radio. Also, the volume was really low, and it sounded like the speakers sounded a bit like they were in a paper/plastic back.

It appeared the radio needed an amp to drive aall the speakers, I got a plug and play, Bose replacement/upgrade amp for that (a direct plug in, no splicing.) That one also takes care of the chimes.

If, with the DIC, you turn the chimes all the way up, do you still not hear anything? (might be their volume is just too low, and if you have the DIC panel, you can turn their volume up).

Ron

shreksbrother

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since you already have an aftermarket radio installed, it means nothing. Natively in our vehicles there is no ignition-switched power at the radio. This module provides switched power that turns off with the ignition (and after you open a door).

Sent from my Galaxy Note9 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

Joe Donuts

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Since you already have an aftermarket radio installed, it means nothing. Natively in our vehicles there is no ignition-switched power at the radio. This module provides switched power that turns off with the ignition (and after you open a door).

Sent from my Galaxy Note9 using Tapatalk
That’s what my radio does now, hmm odd but if I want to hear the turn signals or be reminded that the keys are in the ignition. I’ll be buying it today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne