Missing feed back

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blumax

Reaction score
Evidently this board will only allow positive feedback concerning Black Bear. I've had a less than positive experience with Black Bear and posted the details but they were removed soon after. Good to know what subjects are censored before wasting more time attempting to prevent others from falling into the same situation I found myself in.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Evidently this board will only allow positive feedback concerning Black Bear. I've had a less than positive experience with Black Bear and posted the details but they were removed soon after. Good to know what subjects are censored before wasting more time attempting to prevent others from falling into the same situation I found myself in.

Where was this posted?

I see no thread started about this and the only post you have concerning this is here...

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=857872&postcount=39

NOTHING I can see has been censored...

OP
OP
B

Blumax

Reaction score
Black Bear

I suggest anyone considering doing business with Black Bear to get everything out front. No need to go into detail because I'm sure they have done great work for many of you but....the experience I had with them was somewhat less than satisfactory.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just curious from the content of yours that Nathan posted. Are you only upset that the instructions were download only vs being sent?

OP
OP
B

Blumax

Reaction score
Not at all upset over the lack of support just was not aware that emails sent to Black Bear takes so long to receive a reply. I have much larger issues with Black Bear. Everything was done...logs were sent and I was waiting for the modified ECM. Then I'm informed mistakes were made and they read the vin wrong and sent me info on a different vehicle. I had paid the $400 security deposit and for some reason they asked for yet another $400 deposit. During our comunications questioning the additional $400 they denied asking for this additional deposit. Then I received an email explaining the money involved in the process but in that explanation when all was said and done I would receive a refund of $540. Now if anyone can explain how I can get a $540 refund after paying only $400. I then disputed the charge on my credit card and have made it very clear that when I get my money back I will return their scan tool. I have printed the entire exchange I've had with Black Bear and nowhere is the figure of $800 deposit mention or written. That is.... until everything was completed and I thought that I was waiting for my new computer. I'm sure Black Bear has many satisfied customers and I believe their process is valid. My issue has nothing to do with Black Bear's ability to do what they say they can do it is with the request for the additional money for a second deposit.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I cannot speak directly for Black Bear but from the interactions I have heard about or read on here they seem to be a stand up company. Not sure how long this has been going on but I feel that they will make it right with you as soon as they can.

OP
OP
B

Blumax

Reaction score
---------- Post added at 01:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
I cannot speak directly for Black Bear but from the interactions I have heard about or read on here they seem to be a stand up company. Not sure how long this has been going on but I feel that they will make it right with you as soon as they can.
My purchasing decision was made in large part due to the positive comments made on this board. However, since posting I have heard from three people that have had similar experiences with Black Bear. As I stated in another post my issue is the deposits. I was not told that another $400 deposit was required until logs had been sent and I thought I was waiting for my new computer. Now Black Bear is telling me that they never requested another $400 deposit. They sent a detailed description of the process and in that description they say that after all is said and done I would receive a $540 refund. I have asked for an explanation but have not receive anything concerning my request. Will someone please explain to me how a company any company can refund $540 when I paid a security deposit of $400. These are Black Bear's figures not mine. Their mistakes were many and I was willing to over look them because I felt they were a stand up company. They transposed one number in my VIN which cause them to send me to the wrong page to place the order. Then they informed me that my Tahoe is a 6 speed and I would need to complete another order. Then I was informed due to my truck having a 6 speed trany that I would need to also purchase a tune for the trans to experience the best results. THEN when I questioned the additional $400 deposit they said they never requested another $400 deposit. I have the documentation to prove this but think.... applying logic and simple math...If I pay you $400 and your going to refund $540 how is that possible. At that point I decided enough was enough and I had lost any trust in them I previously had. Now we are having conflicts over refunding the original $400 deposit. They want their scan tool back and I want my $400. In leiu of my experience I will not return the equipment until I have my money. I would greatly apprecieat it if someone would tell me that I'm being unreasonable. I would be more than happy to post the email I received informing of the $540 refund I was told I would receive even though I had paid $400.

Last edited:

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just found the email chains you have been having with the guys. I am happy to post all that has transpired, since you have chosen to make it public from your end.

Ultimately, you have failed to understand the BBP process from the get go, and you are blaming BBP for that issue. You have further created an issue, but submitting a chargeback while still having BBP equipment that you are renting (and lying to the credit card company about).

You have only paid the deposit on the equipment, and did not get to the point to pay for the tune.

---------- Post added at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

Here is the link that explained the process straight forward:

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65378&page=5

---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

You completed Steps 1-3 and stopped at Step 4.

MYBLACK 13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just so I can be clear for my self.

$400 deposit for scan equipment you send out
additional $400 for tune and core charge?

then $400 refund of deposit and $140 core charge returned once you receive the equipment back?

I'm hoping to do the tune in person but if my schedule doesn't allow I just want to make sure i understand the process.

Justin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The security deposit total depends on the vehicle type as we utilize two different cables. One is $250, the other is $400.

Once you use the cable to collect data and that data is validated, we then request payment for the tune service and any core charges for the ecm hardware itself. The scan cable tune service is $330 for vehicles that have an applicable engine and transmission tune, $275 if only the engine can be tuned via that method.

Core charges vary by vehicle type as well and range from $50 for an obs 98-00 model to $190 for an 07-09 4spd equipped vehicle. The scan cable security deposit and core charges are both able to be refunded upon return of the equipment and factory computer(s).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts