Mismatched LED strips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moguy0416

Reaction score
Backstory. Few years back lady slid into right front side of Tahoe (2015 year) in the parking lot and cracked right headlight assembly. Chevy dealer replaced it but the LED strip is 10x brighter than the left. Rode like this about 1.5 year and it finally got to me plus left side was leaking something fierce. Went to dealer and asked them to find out which year/part number they installed and to see if they could find me one for the left. They did. I got the sucker home and pulled the water logged one and put in the gm replacement. Before I reattached the bumper I plugged it in to double check. Much to my frustration and disappointment the LED looked just like the old one and still dimmer than the right.

Did they not get me the correct headlight? I'm guessing my right one is from a newer year hence why it is brighter and mayber they just got me a 2015 one? What else can I do to ensure they are getting the correct headlight with the LED bar that will match?

Picture below.20210424_180940-01.jpeg

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look at the work order from the first replacement and make sure it is the same part number for the second one, usually one number difference for left and right. If you don't have the work order ask the Dealer to look it up in the computer.

OP
OP
M

Moguy0416

Reaction score
Look at the work order from the first replacement and make sure it is the same part number for the second one, usually one number difference for left and right. If you don't have the work order ask the Dealer to look it up in the computer.

Yeah I'll have to double check. I took the work order in originally and I thought that's he used to order the left headlight but I didn't compare it when I picked it up. I assumed competency but maybe was to liberal with that...

OP
OP
M

Moguy0416

Reaction score
Is the ground good on that side?

So I checked and the part numbers are only one number off so that tells me they should be the same, right?

How would the ground effect the brightness of the LED strip?

OP
OP
M

Moguy0416

Reaction score
I might have stumbled across what the problem is. I have two parts numbers and when I cross reference it on the gmparts site might brighter LED actually comes up as a headlamp for the suburban which I believe since 2015 has had the bright LED regardless of the trim. Looks like the site doesn't have any left ones available which I find odd. Going up to the chevy dealer today to try to sort this out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu