Misfiring under load.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dnt1010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a 97 and it destroyed distributor caps on a fairly regular basis, (well it was driven +50k
per year so once a year a new cap LOL) that would be my first move to swap on a new distributor cap.
The design was very prone to cross firing inside, when you take it off look for carbon tracks inside. Takes about 10 minutes and most likely your problem will disappear. 1659901419379.png

YukonGTmaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have a good look at the spark plugs again. When I had my intake leak, the plugs would foul up so badly, the gap was completely bridged with crud.

OP
OP
Holt50

Holt50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First of all the insults came after this guy well was being a better than you and your stupid in so many words kinda dick.
Soooooooo yeah I'm gonna say something. Anyway truck is running like a champ again for no reason just stopped misfiring. Probably because I had a long talk with her. Anyway thank you everyone who tried helping me very appreciated

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The weather can have an impact kn bad ignition components. Rainy weather will make them worse, etc. Since it cleaed up, use the info given here and keep a mental note of what, why, when, how.....

Best of luck

OP
OP
Holt50

Holt50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The funny thing will maybe not to funny is that it still comes and goes

OP
OP
Holt50

Holt50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now I'm thinking it could be it only happens when I'm low on fuel. It started again this morning then it was getting worse I stop got fuel now it's fine.

OP
OP
Holt50

Holt50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a 97 and it destroyed distributor caps on a fairly regular basis, (well it was driven +50k
per year so once a year a new cap LOL) that would be my first move to swap on a new distributor cap.
The design was very prone to cross firing inside, when you take it off look for carbon tracks inside. Takes about 10 minutes and most likely your problem will disappear. View attachment 377438
I'll do that today when I get home. I have to change my temperature sending unit. So I'll do that also thanks

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Might be good to take some fuel pressure readings. One with key on, engine off (KOEO) and maybe monitor the fuel pressure while driving it to see what the FP is doing when it misses. If it has a fuel filter, has it been changed?