Misfire cylinder 4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Therea1batman93

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i have a 2010 Chevy Tahoe, had it for 2 months less the 140000 miles on it, ran good at 1st but oil sensor light came on, then it said I had a misfire in cylinders 4, replaced the spark plugs and changed the packs around but still getting a misfire code on cylinder 4, I’m at a lose here. What could it be? Just got the truck so I’m deep in debt with it.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Were the plug wires moved along with the coil packs? How old are the wires?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Try swapping a couple to see if the misfire follows the wire. Consider new wires.

Kraig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it a misfire like you have to listen closely and maybe it sorta has a little miss or is it shaking pretty violently at idle? If you have an AFM lifter gone, it will likely run VERY CRAPPY at idle.

OP
OP
T

Therea1batman93

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is it a misfire like you have to listen closely and maybe it sorta has a little miss or is it shaking pretty violently at idle? If you have an AFM lifter gone, it will likely run VERY CRAPPY at idle.
Yeah it shakes some, doesn’t run to bad. It just shakes while idling

Kraig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah... that’s not good if you pull an injector or plug wire off, it sorta stumbles and runs slightly rough but when a lifter goes bad and a cylinder either isn’t getting air in, isn’t letting the exhaust out the exhaust port, or is just pumping air straight through, it gets a little rowdy. My guess is it’a time for a at least a couple lifters, and lifter tray, head gasket, etc.

OP
OP
T

Therea1batman93

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah... that’s not good if you pull an injector or plug wire off, it sorta stumbles and runs slightly rough but when a lifter goes bad and a cylinder either isn’t getting air in, isn’t letting the exhaust out the exhaust port, or is just pumping air straight through, it gets a little rowdy. My guess is it’a time for a at least a couple lifters, and lifter tray, head gasket, etc.
There’s no tick thou, if it was a bad lifter wouldn’t it have a tick

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins