Milestone

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well that's what I was originally asking, what is the Texas Edition? What trim does it have that non Texas Editions don't?

They got special 20" wheels, the badges, HD suspension and towing and the "locker" rear. The pickups also had a special sliding toolbox and bed cover.

Are these trucks still popular enough to write a book about them?

Reaction score
They got special 20" wheels, the badges, HD suspension and towing and the "locker" rear. The pickups also had a special sliding toolbox and bed cover.

Just curious, because you also mentioned that after 2009 all of them were Texas Editions

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious, because you also mentioned that after 2009 all of them were Texas Editions

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

That was a tongue in cheek reference that they were all now made at the plant in Arlington, Texas. Before this, the 1500 SUVs were also made in Janesville, Wisconsin and Silao, Mexico. Production of the SUVs ceased early in the 2009 model year at those two plants.

bayareadude84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 07 LTZ burban made in Mexico. Rumors from some GM corp guys I ran into was Mexican built trucks were better built VS the ones in the USA ??

OP
OP
Bigkevschopshop

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yep,

Texas edition came in LS and LT versions.. LS was suspension and wheel upgrade and climate control I think. LT versions was a LTZ basically minus the Nav screen in the console, cooled seats, power lift gate, and heated steering wheel. OH YEAH, reason I love it, no mag ride or autoride option on these, zw7 suspension pretty standard also on the ones I have seen.

So was a well optioned LT for sure.

Both Texas in LS and LT came with the 20" wheels, and chrome mirror caps, ltz grille and other nick nacs.

I know It was a long ramble, I do agree with Tony as I should have 6.0 swapped the 03 and kept it, but I sure do love this big bastard...

Honestly don't remember if they offered the Texas in the 2500 or not... I know all the ones here are 1500's I have ever seen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mldawson11