Mild cam upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vinci's MTR065 appears to be the same as the 1449541 and Cam Motion offers similar drop in camshafts where the springs do not have to be changed.

These graphs were also done on engine dynos with long tube headers, electric water pumps, 40lb injectors, etc. So I reckon real world figures would be half as much by just dropping it in. A good tune maybe another 10 horses and refine it, fix its manners if you will.
I highly recommend Vinci High Performance. If you email them, Roger Vinci himself will help you with any questions as well as help if you're installing yourself. I even received emails from him on weekends. He knows his stuff and their products are top of the line. I have their "Trucker" cam in my blown 02 LQ4 6.0 as well as Yella Terra full roller rockers which Roger helped design.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I remember right, Vinci does Crane's testing and cooperates with development. I like their MTR 065 camshaft and have put that and the MTR 464 on my list for consideration.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe