Mild 6.0L Build Suggestions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ECU could be commanding 12afr because it's going into power enrichment. Although it would be weird for it to happen at idle or low throttle if someone tuned it previously they may have messed with the PE activation and have it come on at a minimal throttle position

Not sure what Wideband you are using but there are very specific algorithms needed to get each model to read correctly in HPT. I have a few of them saved but not on my work computer.

OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ECU could be commanding 12afr because it's going into power enrichment. Although it would be weird for it to happen at idle or low throttle if someone tuned it previously they may have messed with the PE activation and have it come on at a minimal throttle position

Not sure what Wideband you are using but there are very specific algorithms needed to get each model to read correctly in HPT. I have a few of them saved but not on my work computer.
I believe my widebad is the AEM 30-4110. I think the sensor went out. Is a bosch 4.9. They are helping me with an RMA. Sigh delays [emoji25]

I got all hooked up with HP tuners and was reading close to commanded AFR. That was before it stopped working. Assuming that was my error to calibrate out per goat rope garage tutorials... I kind of wonder if my anti seize on the threads got into the sensor. I put VERY little on as was concerned with that.

I will look at power enrichment settings thanks!

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah i recon is my problem. I found a new sensor for 32$ says is bosch 4.9, specific for my gauge. not sure if a lie haha seems cheap.

Will fiddle with it for a bit though before I do anything. Just suprised me. It worked for a while.

fasteddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah i recon is my problem. I found a new sensor for 32$ says is bosch 4.9, specific for my gauge. not sure if a lie haha seems cheap.

Will fiddle with it for a bit though before I do anything. Just suprised me. It worked for a while.

Is your wideband O2 sensor in front of or behind your OEM O2?
If its behind you switch them.....maybe you're encountering turbulence.

OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put the wideband closer to the exhaust manifold than the factory bung.

It seems to peg the meter even when I have just the ignition on and engine not running.

OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pulled the wideband out. This is weird. I find multiple datasheets on it and pinouts. One of the data sheets says the Nernst Cell (sensor) should have 300 ohms across it. I get nothing. There is a trimming resistor pin. I'm not exactly sure how to measure the resistance across the sensor or perhaps it's because it is truly dead?

Anybody checked out one of these sensors before? I should see resistance somewhere, not just open circuits? Right?

OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back on track, kind of *ahem*. I got a new wideband sensor in from eBay was only $35 for bosch 4.9. Works great. I got my VCM scanner setup with HP tuners and a MAF only bin loaded to the computer. I let truck idle for a few minutes closely watching HP tuners VCM scanner for abnormalities (overly rich, knock, etc). No problems, AFR was nearly spot on. However, I decided to richen it by 5% so multiplied the MAF calibration table by 1.05, just to be doubly sure I'm not going lean while cruising around collecting data.

However, during all this I noticed a little / slight smoke coming from under the engine bay. I thought maybe the paint I put on exhaust but that wasn't even flinching at the heat. I looked really close at all the wiring nothing touching, double checked fuel lines were good, etc. etc. etc.

Then realized, d$m& it haha... That stupid Wideband O2 bung. I looked and it was leaking, NO WAY DOES THE EXHAUST JB WELD WORK. It was all pealing off and blowing exhaust out the hole :(

I need to drop the exhaust and take that in to have it professionally welded before I go any further.

OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Noticed I have a bad heatet core hose at same time. The one with the Y in it haha... Working out all the bugs :)