Mild 6.0L Build Suggestions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang! Drooling, an LS7 in your C5! I am JEALOUS!. I have a 1999 FRC which I took out for first time in FOREVER the other day. I have a serious problem with mine. It likes to melt tires. I cannot make it out on even a drive to get groceries without sacrificing some rubber!

Probably everybody's dream build is your Z28. That is SWEEEEEEET. I LOVE to turn wrenches so I snagged this Tahoe. Is a bit of a compromise. Hard to break speed limit whole number as multiples of speed limit. And really easy to wrench on, not too many busted knuckles, yet!

I did quick fire it up open manifold style with my old buddy there. We travel to various racetracks, mainly dirt tracks, and dragstrips. He sings the anthem there. Is a HUGE fan on top fuel drag cars. He was unduly impressed by the sound of the small block with open manifolds haha

I'm currently stuck at my Daytime running lights, and fog lights not turning on and still waiting for some parts to arrive for the water pump. I also couldn't figure out what the little gray clips go to. They are on either side of the main line across the backside of the core support.

20210418_142452.jpg 20210418_142502.jpg 20210418_191720.jpg

OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Figured out fog lights... altho, not Daytime running lights..

Do you have to have engine running for daytime runnibg lights?

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score

Key has to be in the on position and truck has to be in gear for the drl to come on.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

As Tony said, key on and in gear. If you're in a relatively dark garage, the regular headlights will come on instead of the DRLs.

OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ah sheet... yesterday started up. Today won't start. No trouble lights turn on on dash. The check engine light indicating computer is on wont illuminate. The starter will not turn. I checked battery cables. seem to be fine. ground to chassis. I honestly am not gd at electrical stuff... I need to find a checklist to go through all the grounds, etc.

I know battery is good, I pulled it out of my corvette.

OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found the symptom but not the cause. I need to go through wiring diagrams and figure out what all is connected to this fuse...

Been really nervous about my wiring. Especially on the fuel injectors. I didnt double check any of that after I blew the engine. Should have checked if there was a short to power somewhere in there. Or if injector was simply stuck open.

e344d03d653f2e8b9c947413a3338f6b.jpg7f242f9a131649f13fff4e27bcca0804.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak

Latest posts