Mikeyss Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
mikeyss

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a bad day today... Was travelling back from NC Outer Banks back home to Colorado... And hit a huge pot hole in Topeka, Kansas. It took out my driver's side lower ball joint, may have damaged the CV axle, may have taken out the strut, and it DESTROYED the wheel. These are OEM Sierra all terrain wheels I bought a few years ago, so matching up one should be fun. I'm 600 miles from home, I'm incredibly frustrated, as I replaced EVERYTHING a few years ago to prevent this.

IMG_20211024_134824_01.jpgIMG_20211024_142434_01.jpg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had a bad day today... Was travelling back from NC Outer Banks back home to Colorado... And hit a huge pot hole in Topeka, Kansas. It took out my driver's side lower ball joint, may have damaged the CV axle, may have taken out the strut, and it DESTROYED the wheel. These are OEM Sierra all terrain wheels I bought a few years ago, so matching up one should be fun. I'm 600 miles from home, I'm incredibly frustrated, as I replaced EVERYTHING a few years ago to prevent this.

View attachment 353582View attachment 353583
Damn. Was that pothole on a freeway?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I guess I’m glad we don’t have potholes on freeways around here. Our state will pay in case that happens- they bought me a 26” Dub wheel once for $500 for hitting a pothole on a 4-lane highway that goes right through the middle of town. Any chance Kansas will pay?

OP
OP
mikeyss

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I guess I’m glad we don’t have potholes on freeways around here. Our state will pay in case that happens- they bought me a 26” Dub wheel once for $500 for hitting a pothole on a 4-lane highway that goes right through the middle of town. Any chance Kansas will pay?
We are investigating it now, but it seems they have more loopholes to jump though. I do have video coverage of it, but I will most likely turn it in to insurance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romeroman64

Latest posts