Mikeyss Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm almost at 500 miles and change the oil. Then I'll do a data log to send to Blackbear and update a few things. I haven't done any videos due to my camera, but also I've been chasing down a knarly exhaust leak. The connection for the ARH to the factory system doesn't play well together, but I adjusted it today. I'm planning a trip to my exhaust shop this week to install true, 3" exhaust. A downside I've had, somehow I didn't notice that my tailpipe shifted and it burnt a roundish hole in the bumper. Other than that, I can't believe the power this thing makes. I'm gonna have to borrow a phone so I can get videos for you guys

I thought those L9Hs ran 3.5" exhausts?

OP
OP
mikeyss

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought those L9Hs ran 3.5" exhausts?

The factory y pipe was tiny but it stepped up to 3.5". My ARH long tubes came with cats and have 3" pipes that go in to a collector, that then bolts to the flange going to the factory system. I have always planned on going to 3" true duals with hidden tailpipes. The 3.5" system flows and sounds good, but I can't stand the sound of both banks converging into a single system.

IMG_20200618_182527628.jpg

A picture from last year, but under that cover was the wrong flange to mate to my stock exhaust, it had a ball type end while my stock system has a flange. We did a chop and weld of the flange to make it all work, but it leaks in a few spots. So that's why I'm just going to do the true duals now instead of later.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The factory y pipe was tiny but it stepped up to 3.5". My ARH long tubes came with cats and have 3" pipes that go in to a collector, that then bolts to the flange going to the factory system. I have always planned on going to 3" true duals with hidden tailpipes. The 3.5" system flows and sounds good, but I can't stand the sound of both banks converging into a single system.

View attachment 273977

A picture from last year, but under that cover was the wrong flange to mate to my stock exhaust, it had a ball type end while my stock system has a flange. We did a chop and weld of the flange to make it all work, but it leaks in a few spots. So that's why I'm just going to do the true duals now instead of later.

Running an H or X pipe? Or muffler with X built in?

OP
OP
mikeyss

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Running an H or X pipe? Or muffler with X built in?

Definitely an x pipe. I used to run the muffler with the x built in on other vehicles I've owned, but I'm leaning towards a built in x pipe, with dual corsa sport mufflers. I'm also planning on using resonators, maybe like these:

Screenshot_20210322-054350_Chrome.jpg

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely an x pipe. I used to run the muffler with the x built in on other vehicles I've owned, but I'm leaning towards a built in x pipe, with dual corsa sport mufflers. I'm also planning on using resonators, maybe like these:

View attachment 274034

I don't know how quiet you're trying to get it (Obviously not as quiet as stock!). But, for reference, mine (no cats) was obnoxious inside and outside with just the 18" Magnaflow clone, which is a straight-through, packed style muffler. Now, with 40" of that type of muffler, it's maybe just a little louder than stock. With the cats and the 18" muffler, it was perfect, IMO.

OP
OP
mikeyss

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Work has been so crazy lately that I've not gotten any videos yet. I am also still waiting on a tune update from Blackbear, I sent that in about 2 weeks ago. Other than the rear o2 sensors throwing efficiency codes, it's running awesome. My city driving mpg dropped to 7MPG on E85, I think it may be dumping just a little too much fuel... But I'm sure my data log to BB will show if that's the case or not. As for my exhaust, I'm still at square 1 with that, mainly because I haven't had the time make up my mind on what I want, haha.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Work has been so crazy lately that I've not gotten any videos yet. I am also still waiting on a tune update from Blackbear, I sent that in about 2 weeks ago. Other than the rear o2 sensors throwing efficiency codes, it's running awesome. My city driving mpg dropped to 7MPG on E85, I think it may be dumping just a little too much fuel... But I'm sure my data log to BB will show if that's the case or not. As for my exhaust, I'm still at square 1 with that, mainly because I haven't had the time make up my mind on what I want, haha.
C'mon @mikeyss gotta step up your video game :D. She sounds like a beast.

OP
OP
mikeyss

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
C'mon @mikeyss gotta step up your video game :D. She sounds like a beast.

I will try and post something this weekend, because she is a beast. Living at a mile above sea level doesn't seem to affect it anymore, but I'm sure if I was a sea level... I wouldn't have rear tires anymore. Oh, one MAJOR annoyance it has.. the shift from 1st to 2nd with 75% throttle causes TC to kick in and kill all power. I'm on the fence whether or not to just pull the TC fuse and live with the warning lights.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I will try and post something this weekend, because she is a beast. Living at a mile above sea level doesn't seem to affect it anymore, but I'm sure if I was a sea level... I wouldn't have rear tires anymore. Oh, one MAJOR annoyance it has.. the shift from 1st to 2nd with 75% throttle causes TC to kick in and kill all power. I'm on the fence whether or not to just pull the TC fuse and live with the warning lights.
Torque Convertor?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts