Midlothian to Possession

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mharpy29

Reaction score
Just curious, how are you managing multiple orders? Different dealers?

Correct. I've been waiting since February for my 2022, got tired of waiting and don't want to pay full price for a vehicle that's been sitting for so long.

Made a second with a bigger dealer and was fully transparent with her. She's been great

Danimalx87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would I be crazy to tell my dealer to keep my order, and put me on the list for a unit that has Super Cruise? Does anyone else here think that SC is a feature worth waiting potentially many more months to get?

There was talk about something called Ultra Cruise, coming down the pipes here in the next few years, more like the self driving of a Tesla. My biggest concern is missing out on something cool, or having something break then waiting forever to get replacement chips. the FOMO is real bad lol.

ColeBlooded

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would I be crazy to tell my dealer to keep my order, and put me on the list for a unit that has Super Cruise? Does anyone else here think that SC is a feature worth waiting potentially many more months to get?

There was talk about something called Ultra Cruise, coming down the pipes here in the next few years, more like the self driving of a Tesla. My biggest concern is missing out on something cool, or having something break then waiting forever to get replacement chips. the FOMO is real bad lol.
I don't do a whole lot of highway driving so it doesn't bother me not to have it. On top of that, I trade in my vehicles every 1-2 years so whatever I get next will have something even better than SC.

suterusu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question

My 2nd order (original was a 22 still lost in Midlothian since april )was built this week, and the dealer told me it was invoiced to the dealership yesterday. Does that mean it's fully built, and ready to ship?

Yes, that is usually a good sign that it will ship shortly.

Just curious, how are you managing multiple orders? Different dealers?

I did my second order through the same dealer, they were understanding of the situation as they saw trucks built after mine trickle in. As of right now, the '23 hasn't been picked up for production yet (duramax constraint, I imagine).

bdouglas0036

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine doesn't have a window sticker (nor showing up on websites), but is on its way in VinView on the rails with an ETA of 10/15. My dealer (And others on the forum) have confirmed trucks showing up at the dealer with no notice, still showing an old event code in the system.
Wondering if you have any updates. Mine is showing up on website but no window sticker. It’s showing it’s on the rail with an ETA of 10/15 as well.

bdouglas0036

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This weeks update: went into the dealer today to get trade value locked in and start paperwork. Truck is now unloaded at the rail yard about 45 minutes from the dealer. Still no window sticker or signs of it on GMC/dealer sites.

BTW, they offered us $2K less than MSRP on our '21 SLT Diesel with 20K miles on it...not bad considering a softening market.
They offered $2k less than MSRP?! I have a 21 Premier fully loaded before the chip shortage with 6K miles and my trade value decreased $6k since original quoted trade value on 6/26.

suterusu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They offered $2k less than MSRP?! I have a 21 Premier fully loaded before the chip shortage with 6K miles and my trade value decreased $6k since original quoted trade value on 6/26.

Yeah, they originally offered $72K back in March (when it had 8K miles), now down to $65K.

Crabby

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
As you can see I'm new here, looks like a nice forum. My 22 Yukon SLT was built in April and It was just delivered to dealer last week. It was shipped with later retrofit of heated and ventilated seats and front and rear park assist. From sitting so long it needed a complete detail, the paint had a lot crap on it. Dealer says the retrofit is treated like a recall now as GM will send a letter letting you know your parts are ready for it. I know pics or it didn't happen, I'm working on.