Midlothian to Possession

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TallDad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its been a while I posted: I had finally received my Denali XL on October 26th after an 11 month wait, 7 of those at Midlothian.

Loved the truck, Hunter Green metallic was amazing with the shale interior IMO. Had the truck exactly 2 months: walked out of my house to a guy stealing it last week. He managed to start the engine about 10 seconds after I started screaming at him.

Police where on site in 2 minutes, Onstar advised in about 5. He had deactivated the module, they couldn’t track it.

Not sure I am ready to do all this again. One thing is for sure, if I do, I won’t wait to put a secondary theft deterrent system (I was planning to have it done this week) – Onstar seems pretty useless.

acapote86

Reaction score
Its been a while I posted: I had finally received my Denali XL on October 26th after an 11 month wait, 7 of those at Midlothian.

Loved the truck, Hunter Green metallic was amazing with the shale interior IMO. Had the truck exactly 2 months: walked out of my house to a guy stealing it last week. He managed to start the engine about 10 seconds after I started screaming at him.

Police where on site in 2 minutes, Onstar advised in about 5. He had deactivated the module, they couldn’t track it.

Not sure I am ready to do all this again. One thing is for sure, if I do, I won’t wait to put a secondary theft deterrent system (I was planning to have it done this week) – Onstar seems pretty useless.
Sorry to hear they got your truck. Frustrating experience…

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Sounds like this guy had some electronic goodies to help him break into your ride as well as clone your fob devide enogu to steal it. Sucks to hear and hope you get another one. They are a nice vehicle. Had mine about 3 minths now and love it.

TallDad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like this guy had some electronic goodies to help him break into your ride as well as clone your fob devide enogu to steal it. Sucks to hear and hope you get another one. They are a nice vehicle. Had mine about 3 minths now and love it.
Electronics for sure, but I don’t think he cloned my fob:

-13 mins between break in (got the notification on my phone but missed it – it was very early morning) and him leaving - I think the cloned fob thing is much faster;

-When I went out to put something in my car, my first indication something was wrong was the lights did not turn on when I tried to unluck it.

Seems to me he broke in then made himself a new key with a laptop connected to the ODB port…probably deactivated Onstar with it as well.

Even if it was a cloned fob thing… Faraday bags and boxes protect you at home… But they can follow you and clone your key when you arrive at work…at a store etc.

Beit a Yukon or something else, I will be having a radio beacon anti-theft installed and will be leaving a few speakerless Airtags in my next ride. Hell, I might even put a Club on my steering wheel...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh