Midlothian Discount / Goodwill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keg0brew

Reaction score
As a Customer with a produced vehicle sitting in Midlothian since 3/23, I was curious what the group think is here on if we should expect any sort of discount or goodwill offering from GM on our vehicles?

In my case, 6+ months of tires sitting stationary, oil pooling in the lower sections of the systems, 109+ degree temps, etc are putting wear on the vehicle. And while I expect that GM will be more than happy to sell one of these vehicles to some future unsuspecting chump at full price, the business side of me (as someone who works in customer experience for a world leader in treating customers right) sees potential opportunity and value for them in longer term relationship building if they do something for those of us waiting.

I know it’s probably just wishful thinking, but I want to assume best intent. Has anyone else who had a long delay previously, received any sort of compensation or act of goodwill when they finally were able to purchase their vehicle?

suterusu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While it would be the right thing to do, GM isn't going to do a single thing.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While your sentiment sounds caring, I can assure you I have called many “ World leading“ companies concerning problems I have had with their products and their ”Customer service “ is mostly maddening, can’t understand, let me get you to another dept, hang up, put you on hold till you give up, and I could go on….

The “business side“ of GM says these vehicles are sold money in the bank, and you should be happy to get it whenever you get it. They aren’t holding them one minute longer than they have to to get them to cash out. It wouldn’t be any different if they sat on a dealer lot for months if they weren’t selling well. You still get the same vehicle…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17