Mid-life suburban maintenance?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Derick

Derick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hubs are a pita? They're just bolt on... Pita because of all the stuff you have to disconnect first?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that #8 spark plug is EASY if you just use a series of adapters, I used a couple of adapters a small socket wrench and a breaker bar over the small wrench came out like butter.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hubs are a pita? They're just bolt on... Pita because of all the stuff you have to disconnect first?
My thought, too. The only other caveat is they can be a pain if you let them go too long and they get rusted in there real good. If you let them go for 100,000+ miles and several years you're gonna be in for a few headaches but nothing a pry bar and a BFH can't handle. Pretty straight forward job, though.

OP
OP
Derick

Derick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My thought, too. The only other caveat is they can be a pain if you let them go too long and they get rusted in there real good. If you let them go for 100,000+ miles and several years you're gonna be in for a few headaches but nothing a pry bar and a BFH can't handle. Pretty straight forward job, though.
You wanna see some PITA, check out a mitsubishi montero, early/mid 2000s. OMG brakes and hubs are next to impossible. You're definitely going to lose and/or break something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mldawson11