Mickey Thompson Rims

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bad bow tie

Grizz Straight FTMFW
Reaction score
So I am kicking around the idea of buying a brand new set of Mickey Thompson Classic II rims. They would be wrapped in a 285/75/16 BF Goodrich All Terrain and be put on a Victory Red Tahoe. I'd go with 16x8 with 3 5/8" backspace and a -22 mm off set. I called Mickey Thompson and the guy told me these would fit the best and the wheel would sit only a little outside the wheel well if at all. Does this sound accurate?

I can get these rims shipped to my door for $454.33 which is way cheaper than anyone local ($760.00 at Discount Tire) or any other place online. The crappy thing is it's like $80 to mount and balance them and like another $40 for new lug nuts. So for around $570 I can have the rims I have always wanted. I can afford this, but not sure I want to. What do you guys think? Go for it? Any other rim reccomendations? I also looked into the Pro Comp 1069 Xtreme alloy, but there is not a huge price difference between the two. I'm not into anything bigger than a 17" for a couple different reasons but mainy because them and the tires for them are so damn expensive.

Those of you that have owned them, what do you think of them? How are they holding up? I have heard they are a pain to polish, but I don't mind that.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
have any pics of the rims off hand instead of me looking over the internet? lol.. id say go for it. if its something you've always looked into then i think you should. Seems like you know the prices and such for what they go for, and if you think your getting a better deal going through them mind as well..

Maybe go to a local place with a invoice from the cheapest dealer and see if they price match or can work something out for you. so shipping wouldnt be as much or maybe free lugs??? beats me.. but do it!

Last edited:

BlueTahoe2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just picked up ANOTHER set of rims in 2 days. I picked up a set of Pro Comps XTREME rims for $400 NEW on craigslist. Also today i picked up a set of Mickey Thompson bead lock wheels and pro comp tires mounted for $500.

Like I said take a look around on craigslist and see what you come up with. Thats how I ended up with 2 sets of rims and tires for $900.

OP
OP
Bad bow tie

Bad bow tie

Grizz Straight FTMFW
Reaction score
I just picked up ANOTHER set of rims in 2 days. I picked up a set of Pro Comps XTREME rims for $400 NEW on craigslist. Also today i picked up a set of Mickey Thompson bead lock wheels and pro comp tires mounted for $500.

Like I said take a look around on craigslist and see what you come up with. Thats how I ended up with 2 sets of rims and tires for $900.

Whats the condition of those MT Classic Locks? Want to sell them? lol...those are the rims I really want but can't afford, that's why I'm going Classic II. Believe me I have checked CL and actually came across a set of the same exact thing for $350 about a month ago. They were in superb condition and only seen one summer of use only. I contacted the guy and told him I'd be there right after work to pick them up with cash in hand. He called me back as I was leaving the parking lot and told me he sold them from underneath me. Bastard.

Atomic: That was discount tire trying match the online price. $760 out the door with free mounting and balancing. Great deal huh? Here are a couple pictures. The one on the left is what Bluetahoe picked up (Classic Lock, hence the bead lock) and the one on the right is the Classic II.

Attachments

• images[1].jpg
    images[1].jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 10
  • images[2].jpg
    images[2].jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 9

BlueTahoe2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool deal, Classic II's right? I will get pictures as soon as I get the 2 new tires in. All in All, I ended up with 5 Mickey T Classic rims and 3 good tires overall and one being never used brand new. The other 2 were pure worn out. I went to 4 Wheel parts this afternoon and they ordered my 2 new tires. Once I have them balanced I will get a picture of them mounted.

OP
OP
Bad bow tie

Bad bow tie

Grizz Straight FTMFW
Reaction score
Yeah I got the classic II's for $450 shipped brand new. Not too bad considering the price at other places. I will do the same and throw up some pic before and after. I have however ran into another problem. My buddy has 285/75/16 Mickey Thompson MTZ's with 7,000 miles on them. They look basically brand new. He told me today that he would trade those tires for mine and $300. The reason being he drives a hell of a lot and is not happy about the gas milage he is averaging with these tires. This doesn't bother me too much, because once school starts up, I won't be driving a whole lot. Not sure what I want do here. If I did trade, I would have to buy a cheap set of used tires to throw on the stockers for winter driving.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
well lets see some pics of everything. your brand new rims and try his rims. then i think that will tell you if you like the price difference and everything in between.

OP
OP
Bad bow tie

Bad bow tie

Grizz Straight FTMFW
Reaction score
So I struck a deal with him. I change (with his help, which isn't much to say the least) his manifold gasket on his 98 Silverado and he will swap straight up. What do you think now? Get rid of my BFG's for a set of almost new Mickey MTZ's?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter

Latest posts