Metal Heater Core Quick Connect Replacement?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

juan_carlos__007

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anybody know if there's an aftermarket company that makes metal replacement quick connect fittings for the heater core? If not I'm just going to research the size to find some brass ones from eaton, earls, holley or something like that.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

denalianyone

NYBlackLade08
Reaction score
I used two metal clamps with the screw once my heater core came loose. Doesn’t make sense to replace it with the same junk. You can cut off the quick connect and still have enough slack with the hose to affix the clamps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reaction score
Gruven just recently came out with some metal ones that they're proud of, but they're not quick connect and use hose clamps.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/to...share_tid=107087&share_fid=17772&share_type=t

I just recently replaced the original ones on my 2001 with 206k miles. Not because they were broke or leaked, but I was back flushing the heater core and had them disconnected and figured I should replace them for good measure. I used ACDelco factory replacements. The ones I removed were still pretty solid, the white one was just a little discolored, looked brown.

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

denalianyone

NYBlackLade08
Reaction score
That gruven part is expensive and very innovative yet the problem lies mostly on the compressed oem clamp end only. For less work and a permanent fix this vid shows a better solution I think. And use your existing plastic Y fitting don’t buy another.

OP
OP
J

juan_carlos__007

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I used two metal clamps with the screw once my heater core came loose. Doesn’t make sense to replace it with the same junk. You can cut off the quick connect and still have enough slack with the hose to affix the clamps.

I've seem them fail in many GM trucks it seems this is due to vehicles that don't get the cooling system serviced and of course failed. On my sisters 07 Tahoe 5.3 with aux heater I service the truck and the fittings still look good with over 220,000 miles I just want to replace with either a great aftermarket or another set of OEM GM from the dealership since I have good experience with them. Personally I don't trust just cutting the how tugging it and putting a clamp over it, I did this with the transmission cooler line and no matter how tight it was still dripping. Of course it probably carries more pressure but I rather be safe than sorry the truck has never overheated and still running super strong except for the stupid rear main oil leak that I've seen in new GM truck as far as 15,000 miles.

Sent from my NX629J using Tapatalk

denalianyone

NYBlackLade08
Reaction score
I've seem them fail in many GM trucks it seems this is due to vehicles that don't get the cooling system serviced and of course failed. On my sisters 07 Tahoe 5.3 with aux heater I service the truck and the fittings still look good with over 220,000 miles I just want to replace with either a great aftermarket or another set of OEM GM from the dealership since I have good experience with them. Personally I don't trust just cutting the how tugging it and putting a clamp over it, I did this with the transmission cooler line and no matter how tight it was still dripping. Of course it probably carries more pressure but I rather be safe than sorry the truck has never overheated and still running super strong except for the stupid rear main oil leak that I've seen in new GM truck as far as 15,000 miles.

Sent from my NX629J using Tapatalk

Great to hear the truck is still running strong without that issue. The plastic connector snapping off has nothing to do with servicing the cooling system. More so to do with a cheap design from the factory. My fix has been working since changing it a few years back. I also did the fix with the tranny cooler as well with two screw clamps and mines doesn’t leak at all anymore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kns0517