Memory Seats but No Memory Package?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jzobie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just purchased a '17 Suburban LT and I am looking at doing the dl8 to dl3 mirror upgrade and I am in contact with cmatt who has everything I need short of the mirrors to make the conversion. He stated that everything is very straight forward as long as I have the memory package. The truck has memory seats so I assume that means that I have the memory package but the truck does not have the reverse tilt mirror option in settings which all trucks with the memory option are supposed to have. I am so confused at this point, even reading the manual it looks like I should have the reverse tilt as long as I have memory seats. I know most people turn off the reverse tilt but I loved it on my '07 that I just traded in and I also want to make sure that my power fold swap will go smoothly. Does anyone know whether I actually have the memory option and why I have memory seats but no reverse tilt? Is there an RPO code to look for or a way to add the option through software on the computer? Thanks in advance.

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They removed this feature on LTs so the Premier/LTZ trim or LT + Luxury Package have more to give you for the $$$. If you have the memory seats, just putting dl3 mirrors in will give you memory in the mirrors, but you will have to wire up the other features (fold and turn).

Im in same boat - whats the point of memory if you have to do the mirrors every time? Stupid. I dont think Im gonna upgrade to dl3 as I drive it 95% of the time, and the mirrors are so small they dont even need to be folded...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

Jzobie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Oh ok that makes sense. It’s a Bs move but at least I don’t feel like I have a freak truck anymore. They should probably reword that in the manual. I want to see if the Esky mirrors are bigger for towing since that is why I upgraded and then I would like to have the power fold option. It seems that a lot of the upgrades from LT to LTZ/Premier are software upgrades to the BCM. Has anybody figured a way to add those options through software?

cmatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You mean the reverse tilt option? It can be added along with other uplevel features (like those I sent you a pic of on my radio screen) by programming the memory module, not the BCM. WAMS has done this for the truck platform.

The wiring for power fold mirrors is present on SUVs with memory. The mirror switch and passenger window switch are all that’s needed to fold the mirrors (in addition to the mirrors, of course). It allows the fold command to be given and communicated to both mirrors.

The puddle lamp, turn signal and driver auto dimming features require wiring to be added as it isn’t present in the body harness included with the LT/LS trim models. The interesting thing is that the wiring is present in the door harnesses. It’s the other way around on the truck platform. Not sure why GM did it that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cmatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BTW I did confirm what Texasdaddy already mentioned about the reverse tilt feature. Since your suv came with DL8 mirrors, those additional features were not programmed into the memory module.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

Jzobie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok thanks. I was under the impression that the reverse tilt came with the memory seats not with the power fold. It makes sense but this is pulled directly from the 2017 Suburban owners manual:

“If equipped with memory seats, the passenger and/or driver mirror tilts to a preselected position when the vehicle is in R (Reverse). This allows the curb to be seen when parallel parking.”

You can see why I was confused when I have memory seats and no reverse tilt mirrors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094