MD: Rockville area - a good shop for basic maintenance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tomfree

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'll be honest...I've had import cars for so long that I have no idea who does good work on domestics in this area. My new-to-me '03 Tahoe will need a few basic things done before I start towing with it. A lot of this I can do myself...but it's cold in the garage and I just don't want to do it. :baby:

I'm looking for a good shop that knows GM trucks and can take care of the following stuff for me without charging me an arm and a leg:

- Rear diff fluid change
- Transfer case fluid change
- Front diff fluid change
- Transmission fluid / filter change
- Install external transmission cooler

I'm in Rockville, MD, so Gaithersburg, Germantown, Silver Spring...and most anything else in Montgomery county is ok. Rockville and Gaitherburg preferred.

jbb01

Reaction score
Curry's Automotive in Gaithersburg...just put Billstein shocks on all fours. Very professional. They previously put a McGaughey lowering kit on my yukon as well along with other minor repairs

OP
OP
T

tomfree

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Curry's Automotive in Gaithersburg...just put Billstein shocks on all fours. Very professional. They previously put a McGaughey lowering kit on my yukon as well along with other minor repairs

Good suggestion - Curry's is well known in the area. Anyone else have a go-to shop around here?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan