1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Max Trailering Package? Worth it?

Discussion in 'Engine & Drivetrain' started by nikojo, Aug 28, 2020.

1. nikojo

nikojo TYF Newbie

Name:
    John
    Is it worth it?

I know on some GMC models upgraded trailering means bigger axles, lockers, etc.......doesn't seem to get any of that does it??

This is on a Yukon Denali 2021.

2. GreyStone

GreyStone Full Access Member

Name:
    Derek
    If you tow a lot it is worth it for the HD cooling options. it looks like the axle ratio is 3.23 across the board for everything. It also comes with a trailer brake controller which could come in handy.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
    swathdiver and Big Mama like this.
  3. SAdude

SAdude TYF Newbie

Name:
    Dan
    On the 21s I think it gets you enhanced cooling radiator, trailer brake controller and advanced trailer system which is all the infotainment trailer profile stuff. I think the enhanced cooling is what gets you the extra towing capacity. Worth it to me since I will be pulling a travel trailer. There might be other stuff included but that's all they show on the window sticker. It definitely doesn't have the same value as previous generations.

4. Big Mama

Big Mama Full Access Member

Name:
    Steven
    Not sure what that adds to the sticker but at those prices why not? You’ll have the added flexibility to tow safely.

5. scott53

scott53 TYF Newbie

Name:
    Scott
    And as many owners tow a trailer, you will get some of that money back when you sell it or trade it in. I don;t trailer and I thought it was worth the added cost for the features you receive and the resale value.

Big Mama likes this.