Max tire fitting. Anyone here gone over 34"? (without a big lift)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yesac

Reaction score
I want the biggest possible tire for my 2017 Yukon without a large lift, I think it looks funny having such a big SUV with disproportionately small tires that don't fill up the wheel well. The stock tires on there are 265/65R18 = 31.6". The rear wheel well could easily fit a 35+" tire. On the front well, the closest point of contact is about 1.75" with the wheel turned about 15 degrees to the left. (It doesn't look like a 2" leveling kit will do much to change that as the wheel well is pretty vertical there and any +offset will go further into the sidewall). So it looks like it would start rubbing (parked, with the same width tire) at 31.6 + 2(1.75)= 35.1".

Has anyone successfully put 34" or larger on their Tahoe/Yukon without a big lift?

The biggest tires I've seen on this forum are 285/60-20 Goodyear Wrangler DuraTracs which are 33.46" and don't rub. I plan on doing a leveling kit, but nothing front or back over 2.5 inches. Thanks!

Demer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got the 285/60-20 DuraTracs that you mentioned. No rubbing with my level. You might be able to pull off a 34" tire, but it would be very VERY close and you may have to do some trimming.

tomsquad418

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve seen a Tahoe cruise around my neighborhood with what appears to be stock suspension and 275/65/20 terra grapplers. A tad larger (height wise) than the 285/60.

OP
OP
Y

yesac

Reaction score
I've got the 285/60-20 DuraTracs that you mentioned. No rubbing with my level. You might be able to pull off a 34" tire, but it would be very VERY close and you may have to do some trimming.
Thx. Yeah I saw your post, you have about as nicely proportioned wheels as i’ve seen here. I may just try some 34s and see.

NotASouthernBell

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thx. Yeah I saw your post, you have about as nicely proportioned wheels as i’ve seen here. I may just try some 34s and see.
Hey so I have a 2017 Tahoe Four Wheel Drive. Currently I am stock and now in need of new tires. I am looking to get the biggest All Terrain tire I can without a huge lift. I'd like to just level it at most but of course 34 inch Patagonia Mts caught my eye... Can I fit those or BFG KO2s without a lift?

kurtibm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run 275/65/20 (34.07") with a 2" level on a '15 4WD 'hoe - no clearance issues.

New Tahoe side view.jpeg

Last edited:

kurtibm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Red Hound mud guards, and they are REALLY a quality product - fit and finish is spot-on. With my tire diameter I had to trim the lower, inboard part of the front ones some for tire clearance when in reverse is all.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zeronightwolf