Map lights on with doors??????????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

01TX_Tahoe

Semper Fi
Reaction score
That sounds strange to me. I'd get that checked out unless its some sort of convenience thing. But even then my 01 doesn't do that. Maybe its a feature on the LT models only...

Hunter865

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
just did mine and it was a little different. the dome light in the second row was throwing a neg trigger when open and a pos when closed. i had to rewire my map light switch to a neg for it to work but i love it now. especially with the leds...
What do you mean by re wire your map light switch? I need to know how you did it because my 99 Silverado is doing the same thing.

Duramaxforever

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
just did mine and it was a little different. the dome light in the second row was throwing a neg trigger when open and a pos when closed. i had to rewire my map light switch to a neg for it to work but i love it now. especially with the leds...

Could you explain a bit more how you rewired the switch to a negative, I'm trying to do the same right now,

01TX_Tahoe

Semper Fi
Reaction score
Could you explain a bit more how you rewired the switch to a negative, I'm trying to do the same right now,
Sorry bro, since I sold my Tahoe I don't frequent this site as much anymore. Instead of connecting my map lights to the positive trigger, I connected to the neg side of the second row some light. This way the map lights turned on when any door was open. They worked great.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bekahgentry

Latest posts