Manual override for rear airbags

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

l86guy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello I am new to the forum and couldn't find anywhere on here where this was addressed. I am looking for a way to manually drain the air bladders in the rear shocks to get under a trailer then flip it back to refill them once under the trailer. Is there any way to accomplish this or am I SOL? Thank you in advance!

Dearmosd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unplug the air supply line. Compressor will run while it's unplugged but it will drain the system. Maybe pull the compressor fuse to stop the motor from running

OP
OP
l86guy

l86guy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thankyou for the idea, I will give it a try and see if it works. I may have to rig up a purge solenoid to drain the line manually

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea, the air line is very easy to undo from the shocks. However, may not be as easy as raising/lowering the trailer tongue?
Agree. Seems like a long way to go to get a short distance, as my dad would sometimes say.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
all you would have to do is pull one line off of one shock, you will only drop and inch or two, then put it back on, some reason the tongue cant be raised?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe get a drop hitch or next time you unhook the trailer put a 4x4 under it.
Exactly, especially since draining the shocks might only net an inch or two. A 4x4 would accomplish the same thing. You don’t want to be pulling an air line off over and over, the connector will eventually fail.

04chase

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
dump valve wired into the stock airline is all that is needed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts